OverviewPavillon de la Paix is joined to a historical chateau in "the Cotentin", the famous area of Normandy with five double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, one adapted to disabled access. There is also a tennis court and a lift.
On four levels, this 400 square meter pavilion is in fact an independent part of the chateau, set on six hectares of land and park. Once you enter the Pavilion, built in 1893, you will pass through a small entrance hall with a cloakroom, a guest toilet and a hidden lift!
The ground floor offers a large living room space; a master fireplace will welcome you and help you unwind in the cozy sofas. On the opposite side of the floor there is a dining area with a large family table, a separate modern and comfortable kitchen, laundry, and a reading area. The walls are decorated with historical portraits.
On the second floor, bedroom one brings you back to the 17th century with the English Soho tapestry of a royal antic wedding. The room is available with a king size bed (or can be fitted with two single beds). The bathroom is equipped with a bathtub and French shower. The room looks over the pond elegantly inhabited by white swans.
On the same floor you will find the second bedroom, romantic with its 19th century style canopy. The room is fitted with a king size bed (or can be furnished with two single beds). The bathroom, which offers a view of the ancient willow tree and the country landscape, is equipped with a shower.
Once you reach the third floor, you will discover the third bedroom with a 19th century Napoleon style bed. This room features two separate beds of 190 cm long and 130 cm wide each. The bathroom offers an Italian style shower.
On the opposite side of the tower, you will enter the cozy fourth bedroom with its three large windows and four poster king size bed, with a bathroom equipped with bathtub and shower. It is adapted to wheelchair access.
You will enjoy the view of the sea from this floor as the villa is only 3 km away from the seaside.
On the fourth floor, you will reach the fifth bedroom with its Toile de Jouy four poster king size bed and art deco style bathroom. The bathroom is equipped with a bathtub and shower. Next to it is the family room, furnished with a long low family banquette, from which you will be able to comfortably enjoy a home cinema and a relaxing game room.
Every room features a reading area and every floor is reachable by lift. The ground floor is equipped with Wi-Fi. Every room has a Wi-Fi plug.
In front of the house is a romantic English style garden, with a small elegant lake, broad lawns, walks under ancient oaks and willows.
If you are in the mood for sports, you can enjoy the tennis court or go for a jogging in the park. You can also follow the tracks for great hiking in the Val de Saire or go for a swim at the nearby beaches.
- Bedroom 1 (Second Floor) - King size bed (or can be fitted with 2 single 90 cm (35.5”) wide beds on request), fan, en-suite bathroom with tub and toilet
- Bedroom 2 (Second Floor) - King size bed (or can be fitted with 2 single 90 cm (35.5”) wide beds on request), fan, en-suite bathroom with shower and toilet
- Bedroom 3 (Third Floor) - 2 Large single beds (135 cm wide bed), fan, en-suite bathroom with shower and toilet
- Bedroom 4 (Third Floor) - King size bed, fan, en-suite bathroom with tub, shower and toilet. This bedroom is adapted to disabled access.
- Bedroom 5 (Fourth Floor) - King size bed, fan, en-suite bathroom with tub, shower. Separate Toilet.
- 4 Rackets and balls are provided
- 5 Bikes (3/adults, 2/children, 5 helmets)
- Baby equipment: travel cot, high chair
- CD player
- DVD Player
- Equipped Kitchen
- Hair dryer in each bathroom
- Hi Fi Stereo
- Ironing board
- Nespresso machine
- Satellite TV
- Soap and shampooing (toiletries)
- Swings for the children
- Tennis court
- View of the Atlantic Ocean from the bedrooms on 2nd floor
- Wi-Fi Internet
- 7 km from the nearest beach
Staff and Services
- Cleaning: 2 hours per day, 5 days per week
- Meet and Greet (English speaking)
- Housekeeper on site 2 hours per day for concierge services
- Caretaker on site in an independent house.
- Toiletries at the arrival
- Welcome basket with "Cidre de Normandie" and season fruits
- Visit of the château and its library
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Continental Breakfast
- Babysitting (English speaking)
- Cooking service on request
- Chef at home
- Chauffeur on request
- 4 km from small shops
- 24 km (14 miles) - East of the port of Cherbourg.
- 125 km from Caen (airport)
- The nearest train stations are either Cherbourg or Valognes. The train trip to Paris-Valognes takes about 3 hours.
- The closest airport is Maupertus (10 km (6 miles) from Tocqueville and also 10 km from Cherbourg.
- Utah Beach and Sainte-Mère-Eglise are a mere 36 km (22 miles) away
- Sorry, no pets
- Child minimum age is 6
Normandy Villa Notes
- Please note that France villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request. It is common for pool heating to be an additonal cost.