OverviewLa Baronnette is a lovely, air-conditioned, stone home located right in the heart of a picturesque village of Cabrières d'Avignon.
It is only 20 km from Gordes, 15 minutes from Cavaillon and Isle sur la Sorgue, and 200 meters from local shops. This is a simple and pleasant house in the heart of a very charming beautiful Provencal village.
Set on 4,000 square feet of beautiful flowering gardens, fragrant lavender and surrounded by cypress and olive trees, La Baronnette is a three bedroom, three bathroom villa. The living room has a fireplace and satellite TV. Also on this level is the dining room and a fully equipped kitchen with oven, microwave, 4-ring stove, dishwasher and fridge/freezer. A separate laundry room with washer and dryer and a small bathroom with a shower are on this level as well. On the first level are 3 bedrooms (1 with double bed and 2 bedrooms with twins).
Outside even though this property is a village house it has a small enclosed flowered garden of 380 square meters (4,000 sq. ft.) with cypress and olive trees, lavender. It has a south-facing shady terrace with a pergola and a swimming pool (8 m x 4 m).
The picturesque village has plenty of charm, a perfectly preserved cluster of honey-coloured houses and dry stone walls, with narrow winding streets, fountains, original washhouses and a 12th century castle (now privately owned) with a bloody history. The village shops, a baker, excellent butcher and a grocer are a 4 minute walk from the house as is the excellent village restaurant Le Vieux Bistort” which was famously mentioned by author Peter Mayle.
There is a further choice of good restaurants are within about 1 km (10 minute walk) of the village center. There is an excellent farmers' market selling fruit, vegetables, flowers and wine in nearby Coustellet on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings including a large supermarket.
Cabrières d’Avignon is the most perfect location from which to explore the highlights of inland Provence, with many attractions being within a half hour drive. The Roman cities of Arles, Avignon, Nimes, St Remy and Vaison la Romain are also within easy striking distance. There are daily markets, including antiques, and a summer season of fetes and music/opera festivals all nearby.
- Bedroom 1 (First Floor): Small double bed with 140 cm bed, shared bathroom with bedroom 2, with bath, washbasin, and WC
- Bedroom 2 (First Floor): Two single beds 2 x 90 cm beds, shared bathroom with bedroom 1, with bath, washbasin, and WC
- Bedroom 3 (First Floor): Mezzanine (above the living room) - two single beds 2 x 90 cm beds, separate shower room downstairs with shower, washbasin, and WC
- Air conditioning
- Baby equipment (cot)
- DVD player
- Fenced outside area
- Washing machine
- Wireless internet
- Swimming Pool : 8 m x 4 m.
Staff and Services
- Final cleaning
- Household and bed linen included, as well as bath towels
- Cabrières d'Avignon, walking distance to shops & restaurants etc. 150 meters
- Coustellet 3 km Sunday farmers market & supermarket, bank etc.
- L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue 10 km
- Gordes 6 km
- Avignon 32 km
- Marseille Airport 71 km
- Nimes Airport 90 km
- Avignon TGV 32 km
- Pets are allowed
Provence Villa Notes
- Please note that France villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request. It is common for pool heating to be an additional cost.