OverviewThis 18th century property on the outskirts of Bonnieux is an authentic Bastide (210 square meters) completely restored to a very high standard.
It is built around an inner courtyard through which you access the pool house and pool. In addition there are several terraces with seating areas.
Renovated with taste, the charming authenticity blends with the contemporary. Very generous volumes this Bastide with its all modern facilities offers four bedrooms and bathrooms accommodating eight guests.
Outside, Bastide Lorette extends over 3.5 ha. The swimming pool measures 12 x 6 m and has an electric cover. There is also a covered pool terrace supported by beautiful stone columns, stone fireplace with a barbecue and table to eat al fresco. There are several other terraces with comfy seating areas and plenty of areas to find a corner to relax and enjoy a book.
Bastide Lorette is surrounded by some of the most stunning villages in the Luberon, as well as good restaurants and bistros. There is an excellent farmers' market selling fruit, vegetables, flowers and wine in Coustellet on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings or just 10 kilometers away is Apt, a bustling town, it’s colorful Saturday market and attractive old town is a must. There are also several large supermarkets ideal to do the weekly shop.
The enchanting nearby villages of Gordes, one of the most beautiful villages in the South of France, is on your doorstep and is well worth a visit. Its century old cobbled streets, tall stone houses built against the rock and the imposing castle are the unique setting for many art exhibitions and musical festivals taking place during the summer season
Other villages such as Menerbes, Fontaines de Vaucluse are an absolute must to visit as well if you are seeking to experience the essence of Provence. And don't miss the pretty village of L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, with its canals, narrow streets and antiques market. For a change of pace, the wonderfully vibrant and historic town of Avignon, with its magnificent Palais du Papes, is one of the architectural wonders of France is just 35 kilometers away and would make an ideal day trip
These are just some some restaurants we recommend La Veranda in Ménerbes, Café Fleur in L'Isle sur Sorgue, L'Oustau de Baumanière in Les Baux de Provence, L'Arôme, Bastide de Gordes, Mas des Herbes Blanches in Joucas, Estellan in Gordes, Les Terrasses and Le Fournil are just some of the places to indulge oneself.
- Bedroom 1 (First Floor): Master (double bed in 160 x 200 cm) fitted wardrobes and direct access to the terrace. Shower room: with shower, double washbasins and WC
- Bedroom 2 (First Floor): 2 Single beds (2 x 80 x 200 cm) fitted wardrobes with shower room, shower, washbasin and WC
- Bedroom 3 (Downstairs): 2 Single beds (2 x 80 x 200 cm) fitted wardrobes, direct access to the terrace. Shower room: with shower, washbasin and WC
- Bedroom 4 (Annex): 2 Single beds (2 x 80 x 200 cm) with shower room, shower, washbasin and WC
- Fitted kitchen
- Wireless internet access
- Laundry room
- Table tennis
- Large open garage
- Private covered parking, vehicles within the enclosure of the property (electric gate with intercom)
- Pool towels
- 5 Flat screen televisions & DVD player
- iPad Docking station
- Pool of 12 m x 6 m, depth of 1.20 m to 1.80 m, secured by an electric roller cover
- Pool heating (June to September): 150 euros per week.
Staff and Services
- 2 Hours of cleaning per week
- Final cleaning
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Additional cleaning service on request
- Chef at home
- Delivery of groceries
- Private driver
- Cleaning clothes
- Cooking classes
- Sports coach, massages and various treatments
- Bonnieux 3 km
- Apt & supermarket 14 km
- Avignon & TGV 35 km
- Aix en Provence 50 km
- Nimes 70 km
- Pets welcome on request
- There is no telephone
Provence Villa Notes
- Please note that France villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request. It is common for pool heating to be an additional cost.