Overview'La Maison Rouge' comfortably welcomes up to 11 guests for an unforgettable stay in a valley completely preserved at the edge of the Luberon National Park.
This charming house recently restored, with a heated swimming pool, five bedrooms and five bathrooms. It is an idyllic vacation spot in the most peaceful place of Provence.
Hanging on the side of a protected valley of the Luberon National Park at the heart of a beautiful landscape, 'La Maison Rouge ’ combines tradition and contemporary comfort. Its recent restoration has focused on local techniques, working on the same stone walls, heavy wooden doors, ceilings, floors, and tiles. All surrounded by nature, the house enjoys stunning views of the Lure Mountain and foothills of the Alps, and an extraordinary calm.
The entrance is on the ground floor. On the left, there is a utility/laundry room with sink, dryer, washing machine, and iron. To the right is the large dining room with a wooden table for 12 guests, a fireplace and TV. By going straight through the entrance hall, there is guest WC on the left and then, a spacious living room with sofas, satellite TV, armchair, and a beautiful fireplace. The living room opens onto a terrace.
A cozy, fully equipped kitchen and dining area adjoin the dining room. The kitchen has been equipped with fridge, freezer, two sinks, toaster, microwaves, range cooker, coffee machine, oven, and many cupboards. The kitchen dining area opens onto a nice covered pergola with an outdoor dining table.
On this floor, there is also the first bedroom with three single beds and a full en-suite bathroom.
The four remaining bedrooms are on the first floor. On the landing there are doors to three double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, within which two have a private terrace. The last bedroom has independent access.
Outside, the property is perched on top a wooded hill, surrounded by totally preserved landscape. The house has three terraces overlooking the valley, enjoying magnificent views. All the terraces have been arranged with outdoor furniture allowing guests to enjoy either the sun, or the shade according to the time of the day and their wishes. The gardens were designed by landscape architect Jean-Noël Capart.
The large heated swimming pool with pool-house overlooks a magnificent olive grove and is surrounded by a terrace arranged with sun loungers, and parasols. To have a good time with family or friends there are: Pétanque court, ping-pong table, and kitchen garden. There are also many possibilities to walk in the hills.
Simiane-la-Rotonde, the "city of character", is the closest village (5 km) and is considered as being one of the loveliest hill-top villages in 'Haute Provence'. Thanks to its high altitude (600-700 m), the village enjoys some cool respite from the blazing hot summer sun. For many years, Simiane was the regional capital of lavender and remains an important production center today. A traditional music festival takes place each summer from mid-July to mid-August.
Also Banon, the village made famous by its goat cheese wrapped in dried chestnut leaves and tied with a raffia ribbon, is located 9 km away.
Each Saturday morning there is a large market in Apt, a bustling town, it’s colorful Saturday market and attractive old town is a must. There are also several large supermarkets ideal for the big shop!. You will find some good restaurants here too. Slightly further afield but still only a relatively short drive are Avignon and Aix en Provence, both of which would make wonderful day trips.
Luberon Natural Park, Farmers markets, perched villages, restaurants, bike tours, wine tours, hot air balloon, hiking, antic markets, lavender fields, truffle markets, music festivals.
- Bedroom 1 (Ground Floor): 3 Single beds (90 cm), TV, full en-suite bathroom (double washbasins, shower, and WC), and private terrace
- Bedroom 2 (First Floor): Master suite - king size bed (180 cm), TV, desk, integrated wardrobe, en-suite bathroom (with double washbasins, shower, bath, and separate WC), and private terrace
- Bedroom 3 (First Floor): Queen size bed (160 cm), wardrobe, armchair, en-suite shower room (washbasin, shower, and WC), and private terrace
- Bedroom 4 (First Floor): Two single beds (90 cm), wardrobe, en-suite bathroom (shower, washbasin, and WC), and spectacular view
- Bedroom 5 (First Floor): Independent access, queen size bed (160 cm), wardrobe, and en-suite bathroom with shower, washbasin, and WC
- Please note that even if bedroom 5 is on the first floor it can be only accessed by outside
- Baby equipment provided (cot, high chair, bottle warmer and baby changing mat)
- Board games
- DVD player
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Kitchen garden
- Laundry room
- Pétanque court
- Satellite TV
- Stereo system
- Table tennis
- Telephone at disposal, but calls are an additional cost
- Wireless internet
- Heated swimming pool with pool house
- Pool heated only from May 15th to September 21st (be aware it's not possible to heat it before and after these dates)
Staff and Services
- Cleaning service: 6 hours a week may be organized upon request
- Household and bed linen provided
- Meet and greet
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Extra cleaning hours
- Beverages and wines can be delivered upon request at extra costs
- Some fruits and other local products from the farm can be delivered daily at the house (at market price), guests will have information on this subject upon their arrival
- Cook service available on request.
- Upon request and in advance arrangements for baby can be made: a canvas crib, highchair, bottle warmer and changing mat can be provided.
- Simiane-la-Rotonde 5 km
- Banon 9 km
- Apt 20 km
- Avignon TGV Station 73 km - 1 h 20 min
- Avignon Airport 64 km - 1 hour
- Marseilles International Airport 112 km - 1 h 35 min
- Gordes, Roussillon, Bonnieux, Lacoste, Ménerbes from 40 to 50 minutes drive
- The road leading to the house is quite difficult (dirt track) however 4 wheel drive is not mandatory. Guests must drive slowly
- Please note: Wi-Fi connection is very slow and intermittent because the villa is very remote in the middle of nowhere that is why it is a magical place!
- Weddings are not permitted
Provence Villa Notes
- Please note that France villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request. It is common for pool heating to be an additional cost.