OverviewIn the Luberon, this magnificent hamlet can accommodate a dozen of guests with its six bedrooms and six bathrooms.
It's a real Provencal stone house with a heated swimming pool, private tennis court and many splendid views. This perfectly restored estate nestles in an enchanting site yet fully preserved, with full respect for privacy. Indeed, 'Le Vieux Chene' is surrounded by 40 hectares (98 acres) of grounds offering a 360 degree view over the Luberon hills and Lure Mountain.
This estate is in fact a small hamlet made up of two houses: the high house or winter house, and the low house also named summer house. In total the estate counts six double bedrooms, all with en-suite bathrooms.
In each house there are authentic wooden beams to the ceiling and charming tiled floors or old former wooden floors. Loving attention has been given to the interior decor, rich fabrics, refined bathrooms, varnished terra-cotta tiles, classic taps and faucets, antique objects hunted down in the environs, embroidered linens, Provencal tableware, etc.
High House - Winter House
On the ground floor, there is a fully equipped, very charming Provencal kitchen with a refrigerator, two sinks, many cupboards, large oven, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, coffee machine, and dining table sitting eight guests. A large living room, with open fireplace, sofas, TV, and DVD player, adjoins the kitchen. This is a very quiet and peaceful area, ideal to relax. From there, a small corridor with guest WC leads to a very spacious double bedroom with full en-suite bathroom and sitting area. A second double bedroom is on this floor; this one is with a full en-suite bathroom too and has been arranged with very old and beautiful furniture. There is also a laundry room with washing machine, dryer and iron on this floor.
In the living room narrow stairs with low beams lead to the master bedroom on the first floor. This suite is very large and has beautiful beams on the ceiling and an old wooden floor. Please note that this bedroom might not be adapted for elderly guests because of the staircase.
Low House - Summer House:
From the small entrance hall, with guest WC, on the ground floor there is, to the right, a very big and luminous kitchen with many cupboards, refrigerator, oven, toaster, coffee machine, two sinks, TV and dining table sitting six guests. The kitchen opens onto a large terrace with a charming view and two outdoor dining tables: one for ten guests and the other for six guests.
A double bedroom is accessible from the entry hall too. This bedroom has an en-suite shower room but there isn't toilet in it, thus guests sleeping there may use the guest WC in the hall. An outdoor staircase, just beside the entrance door, leads upstairs to two double bedrooms both with full en-suite bathroom and wooden beams.
The gardens, preserve the charm of the country surrounding country side. Between the two houses is a terrace with a pergola and Virginia creeper, where a dining table can be added if desired. There is a large heated swimming pool with electric cover and near the pool there is a shelter for the pool's equipment with a ping-pong table, and a pétanque court near by. Both the swimming pool area and pétanque court offer exceptional views over the surrounding countryside. The tennis court sits discreetly away from the house, in the shade of the Scotch pines.
'Le Vieux Chêne' is a very calm and peaceful place.
Simiane-la-Rotonde, the "city of character", is the closest village (5 km) and is considered as being one of the loveliest hill-top villages in 'Haute Provence'. Thanks to its high altitude (600-700 m), the village enjoys some cool respite from the blazing hot summer sun. For many years, Simiane was the regional capital of lavender and remains an important production center today. A traditional music festival takes place each summer from mid-July to mid-August.
Also Banon, the village made famous by its goat cheese wrapped in dried chestnut leaves and tied with a raffia ribbon, is located nine km away.
Each Saturday morning there is a large market in Apt, a bustling town, it’s colorful Saturday market and attractive old town is a must. There are also several large supermarkets ideal for the big shop! You will find some good restaurants here too. Slightly further afield but still only a relatively short drive are Avignon and Aix en Provence, both of which would make wonderful day trips.
Luberon Natural Park, Farmers markets, perched villages, restaurants, bike tours, wine tours, hot air balloon, hiking, antic markets, lavender fields, truffle markets, music festivals.
- Bedroom 1 (High House - Ground Floor): Queen size bed (160 cm) sitting area/office with TV, sofa, desk, etc.; en-suite bathroom with shower, bath with hand shower, washbasin, and WC and direct access to the terrace and to the pool and spectacular view over the Luberon hills
- Bedroom 2 (High House - Ground Floor): Two single beds (90 cm) connected, en-suite bathroom (shower, washbasin, and WC), and lovely view
- Bedroom 3 (High House - First Floor): Master suite - two single beds (90 cm) connected, TV, desk, armchair, wardrobe, and large en-suite bathroom with double washbasins, bath with hand shower, shower, and WC.
- Bedroom 4 (Low House - Ground Floor): Two single beds (90 cm) connected, en-suite shower room (basin, and shower), separate WC in the entry hall, and direct access to the terrace
- Bedroom 5 (Low House - First Floor): Two single beds (90 cm) or one double (king size bed - 180 cm), en-suite bathroom (washbasin, shower and WC) and independent access
- Bedroom 6 (Low House - First Floor): Two single beds (90 cm) or one double (king size bed - 180 cm), TV, en-suite bathroom (with bath, shower, washbasin, and WC), independent access and view over the Luberon hills
- Wireless internet
- Tennis court
- Ping pong table
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Satellite TV
- DVD Player
- Laundry room
- Pétanque court
- Swimming pool towels
- Board games
- Baby equipment provided (cot, high chair, bottle warmer and baby changing mat)
- Telephone (extra cost)
- Heated swimming pool with electric cover (heating is an additional cost)
- Pool heated only from May 15th to September 21st
Staff and Services
- Cleaning: 6 hours per week may be organized upon request
- Final cleaning
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Extra cleaning hours
- Beverages and wines can be delivered upon request at extra costs
- Cooking service
- Waiter service (set the table, service during the meal, clean up and dishes)
- Some fruits and other local products from the farm can be delivered daily at the house (at the market price)
- Meal service on request
- Simiane-la-Rotonde 6 km
- Banon 15 km
- Apt 19 km
- Avignon TGV Station 73 km - 1 h 20 min
- Avignon Airport 64 km - 1 hour
- Marseilles International Airport 110 km - 1 h 35 min
- Gordes, Roussillon, Bonnieux, Lacoste, Ménerbes from 40 to 50 minutes drive
- Pets allowed on request (if the guests take care of cleaning the public area around the villa)
- The road leading to the house is quite difficult (dirt track); however a 4 wheel drive is not mandatory. Guests must drive slowly
- Please note: Wi-Fi connection is very slow and intermittent because the villa is very remote in the middle of nowhere that is why it is a magical place!
- Weddings are not permitted
- Please note that heating water temperature during winter depends also of weather conditions and that we cannot be held responsible if the temperature doesn't meet expectations
Provence Villa Notes
- Please note that France villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request. It is common for pool heating to be an additional cost.