OverviewThis luxury Provencal Mas just outside Eygalières has recently been renovated with five double en-suite bedrooms and a dormitory with four single beds, sits on 2.5 hectares of garden with a heated pool.
Built in keeping with traditional style, the interior of the Mas is of high quality and generates a peaceful atmosphere with a wonderful balance of old and new feature which creates charm and warmth.
The interior is an elegant blend of antiques and good quality furniture and is very tastefully decorated with modern touches. The main living area consists of a large formal living room and a TV room, a very well equipped large modern kitchen with breakfast counter and a dining table, and French doors to the garden and covered terrace with al fresco eating area and barbecue. There is a separate laundry room. On this floor there is a double en-suite bedroom.
On the first floor are four additional en-suite bedrooms including an air conditioned dormitory with four single beds
The garden is immaculately kept with lawn areas with plenty of areas ideal for relaxing on hot summer afternoons and in front of the Mas is a stone fountain. To one side is the large heated pool (15 x 7 m) that has an electric cover and is set in a large terrace with sun loungers and a covered pergola.
This region has plenty to offer, apart from the charming picturesque village of Eygalières under two kilometers away with its shops and cafes and restaurants. One can venture a little further to places such as the lively village of St Rémy de Provence just 10 kilometers away - a charming classical little town, capital of the Alpilles with all the amenities, boulangeries, little boutiques, quaint pavement cafes and excellent restaurants. On its winding cobbled lanes, you will discover the small squares, historic buildings, churches and museums and on Wednesday the colorful weekly market will offer the opportunity to discover local products and handicrafts which is a must see.
A little further north of St Rémy de Provence is the magnificent walled city of Avignon, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, which boasts the gothic “Palace of the Popes”, a wonder not to be missed. Awe-inspiring Roman buildings and ruins are scattered everywhere in this Ancient Roman Province. The impressive triple-tiered aqueduct of the Pont du Gard and the massive arena in Arles are certainly worth a visit. Further southwest, under an hour’s drive, is the Camargue National Park, a fascinating wetland known for its pink flamingos, fighting bulls and wild horses.
Finally the Mediterranean sea and the sandy beaches at Ste-Maries-de-la-Mer are about an hour by car.
- Bedroom 1(Ground Floor): Double bedroom with king (180 cm) bed with en-suite bathroom & WC
- Bedroom 2 (Upper Floor): Double bedroom with king (180 cm) bed with en-suite bathroom & WC
- Bedroom 3 (Upper Floor): Double bedroom with king (180 cm) bed with en-suite shower room & WC
- Bedroom 4 (Upper Floor): Double bedroom with king (180 cm) bed with en-suite shower room & WC
- Bedroom 5 (Upper Floor): Double bedroom with king (180 cm) bed with en-suite shower room & WC
- There is also a dormitory with 4 single beds (ideal for children) with A/C and en-suite shower room & WC
- Wi Fi
- Washing machine
- Well-equipped kitchen
- Coffee maker
- Bed linens
- Bath and pool towels
- Pétanque/Boule /Bocce
- Ample parking
- The sandy beaches at Ste-Maries-de-la-Mer are about an hour away by car
- Swimming pool 15 m x 7 m with electric security cover
- Pool heating €200 per week extra from mid April to October
Staff and Services
- Housekeeping included once per week
- Weekly linen change for bookings of one week or more
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Additional cleaning available
- Concierge services on request
- Eygalières village with all its shops, restaurants and cafes 2 km
- St Remy de Provence restaurants, shops, markets 10 km
- Les Beaux de Provence 10 km
- Avignon 18 km
- Arles 30 km
- L’Isle sur Sorgue 21 km
- Pont du Gard 30 km
- Nîmes 45 km
- Marseille 80 km
- Airport Marseille Marignane 64 km (approx. 1 hour)
- Avignon TGV 25 km (30 minutes)
- Aix-en-Provence 64 km
- Golf 13 km
- Tennis in village
- Pets allowed on request
- Check-in time – 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Check-out time – 10:00 am
Provence Villa Notes
- Please note that France villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request. It is common for pool heating to be an additional cost.