OverviewThe 'Mas’ Mas des Amis is only at 500 meters from the lovely village of Eygalières, not at all isolated and walking distance to the shops and market just one kilometer away.
The fully equipped Mas accommodating nine guests, the house offers a great view of the 'Alpilles' mountains. It is air-conditioned throughout with four bedrooms, three bathrooms, and a large heated swimming pool. The house is very spacious and comfortable even when it is full.
There is an entrance hall with a desk and guest WC, leading to the open plan living room and dining room but separated by a fireplace that is open on both sides. The modern furniture and French doors to the garden give a spacious atmosphere to this main living area. The dining area has an expandable black wooden table (seating eight) and the living room has been arranged with two sofas and one armchair, a flat screen TV (with satellite), DVD and CD players and wireless internet.
The kitchen is fully equipped (refrigerator, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, juice squeezer) and is very practical with a bar and stools. It opens to the dining room. There is a heated veranda off the kitchen with a large dining table (seating 8) and chairs, a sofa, one armchair and a TV. It is of course very bright and sunny and offers a fantastic views of the garden. There is a laundry room / cellar with dryer, washing machine, a large fridge and a freezer.
There are two double bedrooms on this floor, the largest has a walk in closet and direct access to the garden. They share a private bathroom.
On the first floor, there are two other bedrooms: one double bedroom with en-suite bathroom; and a second bedroom with three single beds and en-suite bathroom.
The grounds of 2,000 square meters of land are fenced and landscaped with olive trees, lavender, and other typical plants of Provence. There is a comfortable terrace at the front side of the house with an outside living area, two sofas and one armchair.
Up of few steps is the pool area with a pergola providing shade, a table and chairs, and nine deck chairs. The heated swimming pool (10 m x 5 m) is secured by an alarm. There is a shaded parking for two cars. Please note that the garage is not available for parking.
This region has plenty to offer, the lively village of St Rémy just 10 kilometres is a charming classical little town, capital of the Alpilles with all the amenities, boulangeries, little boutiques, quaint pavement cafes and excellent restaurants, its winding cobbled lanes you will discover the small squares, historic buildings, churches and museums and on Wednesday the colorfull weekly market will offer the opportunity to discover local products and handicrafts which is a must to see.
A little further north of St Rémy is the magnificent walled city of Avignon, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, which boasts the gothic “Palace of the Popes”, a wonder not to be missed. Awe-inspiring Roman buildings and ruins are scattered everywhere in this Ancient Roman Province, the impressive triple-tiered aqueduct of the Pont du Gard and the massive arena in Arles are certainly worth a visit. Further southwest, under an hour’s drive, is the Camargue National Park, a fascinating wetland known for its pink flamingos, fighting bulls and wild horses, and which offers opportunities
- Bedroom 1 (Ground Floor): Queen size bed 160 cm with A/C, walk in closet, direct access to the garden, separate bathroom (hand-basin, Italian shower, and WC) shared with bedroom 2.
- Bedroom 2 (Ground Floor): Small double bed 140 cm with A/C, desk, separate bathroom (hand-basin, Italian shower, and WC) shared with bedroom 1.
- Bedroom 3 (First Floor): Queen size be 160 cm with A/C, large wardrobe, en-suite bathroom (with shower, hand-basin, and WC), nice view over the 'Alpilles'
- Bedroom 4 (First Floor): Three single beds 90 cm with A/C, en-suite bathroom with double washbasins, bath, shower, and WC
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Baby bed (crib/cot) is available upon request
- Hair dryers are in each bathroom
- Off-street shaded parking area (for 2 cars)
- Ping-pong table
- Pool towels
- Wireless internet
- The heated swimming pool (10 m x 5 m) is secured by an alarm
- The pool heating is included from May 1st to October 15th (on request and in advance)
Staff and Services
- Cleaning: 2 hours, 2 times per week
- Final cleaning
- Household and bed linen provided and changed once a week
- Garden and pool maintenance
- House manager
- Meet and greet
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Extra housekeeping hours
- Telephone calls are additional
- Couple of minutes walk to the village with all its shops, restaurants and cafes
- St Remy (restaurants, shops, markets) 10 km
- Les Baux de Provence 10 km
- Avignon 18 km
- Arles 30 km
- L’Isle sur Sorgue 21 km
- Pont du Gard 30 km
- Nîmes 45 km
- Marseille 80 km
- Airport Marseille Marignane 65 km (approx. 1 hour)
- Avignon TGV 22 km (30 minutes)
- Golf 13 km
- Tennis in village
- Please note: the A/C system (during summer) or house heating (during winter) can't operate at the same time that the pool heating
- Pets are not allowed
- Villa is child friendly
Provence Villa Notes
- Please note that France villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request. It is common for pool heating to be an additional cost.