OverviewPuglia is often called “the heel of the boot” for its geographical position on the Italian peninsula.
A vacation here is a magical mix of nature, sea, food, art, and relaxation. Over 50 million olive trees, miles and miles of golden beaches caressed by blue sea, and a fantastic climate with more than 300 sunny days per year make Puglia one of Italy’s most appealing regions. Here you can experience unforgettable food and wine and explore beautiful old villages and towns. Ostuni, the white city (in reference to its white lime covered buildings), is one of the many sites you may want to visit while discovering this striking region. And nearby, Villa Taras, surrounded by the silence of the olive grove and a mystical atmosphere, can accommodate up to 24 guests in its four separate buildings, and it is where large groups can have a great stay while experiencing the authentic southern Italian lifestyle. For smaller parties, the property is also available in the 8-bedroom configuration.
In each villa, the living spaces are modern, sleek and fully equipped to make your stay comfortable and relaxed. The monochromatic color palette exudes a sense of tranquility and the plush lounging areas scattered among the units create intimate vignettes in the otherwise large space: a happy balance between intimacy and conviviality. The furnishing is custom-built and reflects the typical local materials and its complemented by interesting and unique architectural details and colors, characteristic of the region. Each unit has the dining and cooking area adequate for the number of people it accommodates.
Three private swimming pools are available on the estate: the 8-bedroom villa features both a private pool and a rooftop pool, while the 4-bedroom villa features a private heated pool. Taras does not lack for communal exterior areas for enjoying meals together, under a portico, or near the swimming pool. The extensive grounds are ideal for kids to play outdoors while enjoying the Mediterranean sun. For the adults, the property offers bountiful fruit trees waiting to be harvested. For the adults, the property offers also the pleasure of plucking from the bountiful fruit trees when the season is right and enjoy the harvest from this generous land.
Villa Taras and its uncluttered casual elegance invites guests to unplug and unwind. The large estate with three separate swimming pools and the children’s playground is ideal for large families retreats. For those who want to enjoy also the beaches, they are a short 20-30 minute drive.
- Bedroom 1 (Main Villa - Ground Floor): King bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 2 (Main Villa - Ground Floor): King bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 3 (Main Villa - Ground Floor): King bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 4 (Main Villa - Ground Floor): Master King bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower, and independent entrance
- Bedroom 5 (Main Villa - First Floor): Queen bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 6 (Main Villa - First Floor): Queen bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 7 (Main Villa - First Floor): Queen bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 8 (Trullo - Cone-Shaped Roof Unit): Queen bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower - ideal for a
- Bedroom 9 (Annex - Ground Floor): Queen bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 10 (Annex - Ground Floor): Queen bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 11 (Annex - Lower Floor): King bedroom with private bathroom with shower – no A/C due to its constant cool temperature
- Bedroom 12 (Annex): Queen bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower
- All bedrooms have A/C, except one as specified, and all bathrooms are provided with hair dryers
- A/C in all bedrooms except one
- Alarm system
- Children's playground
- Heating (extra cost)
- Private parking
- Satellite TV with on-demand programming
- Washer and dryer
- Wireless internet
- Three private swimming pools
Staff and Services
- Final cleaning
- Mid-week housekeeping service and change of linens and towels (Wed)
- Garden and pool cleaning service
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Extra housekeeping
- Cook services
- Pre-stocking shopping service
- Electricity, A/C, water, and gas are included
- Non-smoking villa
- Check-in: between 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Check-out: 8:00 am - 10:00
- All extra services must be paid locally unless otherwise arranged
Puglia Villa Notes
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.