OverviewA noble house belonging to one of the oldest aristocratic families of Sicily since 1200, Villa Altera was recently brought back to its ancient splendors by its owners.
The property consists of a main patronal villa and two annexes, surrounded by a wonderful four-hectare park awarded as one of the best contemporary ornamental gardens in Italy.
Few places in Sicily match the charm and allure of Villa Altera. This luxury getaway offers complete privacy, sophisticated lifestyle catered by its staff, traditional décor and modern amenities. It is located just 15 minutes by car from the beaches of Brucoli, half an hour from Siracusa and approx. one hour from Taormina. The estate produces its own prestigious wine, extra virgin olive oil and other products grown by traditional organic farming methods.
Discover the rich Sicilian culture while enjoying this luxury and full of attendance country villa where vacation living is at its finest. Once you stay at Villa Altera you really understand the uniqueness of this property and this special part of the island.
Feel yourself drifted into the old aristocratic Sicilian life. The family coat of arms, sculpted in white marble, is positioned in a corner of the entrance to greet the guests entering the villa. Beautifully maintained dramatic and spacious interiors include formal dining and very generous living rooms. There is a separate comfortable TV room.
The elegant décor of all rooms is attained by using heirloom antique furniture combined with cheerful fabrics and high-end upholstery, achieving a very well balanced timeless style. The original tiled floors and the vaulted ceilings were left intact to preserve the historic home’s original architectural details. The villa is equipped for large groups and its chef offers a delightful typical Sicilian cuisine.
The gates of the villa open to a fantastic exotic park. The outdoor space is completely manicured offering plenty of areas for dining, lounging and sunbathing. Relax and entertain around the private pool that sits in a secluded oasis, or to be active, enjoy the tennis court and the several walking trails amidst citrus trees and olive orchards.
- Bedroom 1 (Main Villa - First Floor): Queen bedroom with four-poster bed, views of the volcano Etna, fireplace and en-suite bathroom with double sink, and separate shower and Jacuzzi tub
- Bedroom 2 (Main Villa - First Floor): Queen bedroom with views of the volcano Etna, fireplace, and en-suite bathroom with double sink, tub and separate shower
- Bedroom 3 (Main Villa - First Floor): Queen bedroom with garden views and en-suite bathroom with shower and tub
- Bedroom 4 (Main Villa - First Floor): Queen bedroom with garden views and en-suite bathroom with tub and separate shower
- Bedroom 5 (Main Villa - First Floor): Queen bedroom with garden views and en-suite bathroom with separate shower and Turkish bath
- Bedroom 6 (Annex – Facing the Courtyard): Queen/twin bedrooms, independent entrance, en-suite bathroom with double sink, tub and separate shower
- Bedroom 7 (Annex – Facing the Courtyard): Queen/twin bedroom, independent entrance, en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 8 (Annex – Facing the Courtyard): Queen/twin bedroom, independent entrance, en-suite bathroom with tub and separate shower
- Bedroom 9 (Guest House on Two Floors, Facing the Courtyard): Living room on the ground floor, queen bedroom on the upper floor, private bathroom with double sink and tub
- All bedrooms have A/C
- Bathrooms are all are provided with hairdryer and welcome courtesy set
- A/C in all bedrooms
- Private parking up to 4 cars
- Private tennis court
- Satellite flat screen TV with DVD player
- Stereo system with CD player
- Wi-Fi internet access
- Pizza oven
- Vegetable garden
- Nearest beach: Brucoli 20 min
- Salt water private pool (18 m x 8 m) with changing room and outdoor shower
Staff and Services
- Daily housekeeping
- Change of bed and bath linens on Mon and Wed
- Daily chef service (breakfast/lunch and dinner)
- Local concierge service
- Welcome set of Ortigia toiletries
- Welcome drink with home-made delicatessen
- Daily cleaning of swimming pool and garden and tennis court
- Nearest Airport: Catania Fontanarossa 42 min
- Nearest serviced town: 8 min
- Nearest major city: Siracusa 37 min
- Electricity, water, A/C, and heating are included
- Crib and high chair available upon request
- Sorry, no pets
- Check-in 4 pm-7 pm, Check-out by 10 am
- All extra services must be paid locally, prior to departure, unless otherwise arranged
Sicily Villa Notes
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.