OverviewRecently and meticulously renovated by its art-loving owners, Villa Antide is located on the Eastern coast of Sicily, between the bustling rich city of Catania and the famous beach-resort of Taormina.
The villa, surrounded by citrus and olive groves, offers privacy and spectacular sea views from many of the rooms, and also from the garden and the swimming pool. The villa is composed of two different units, which share an external communal area. Reachable through a gated private gravel road, the villa shows a simple elegance yet it is dense with character. This property is ideal for a group of friends who appreciate the unconventional look combined with comfort and a list of amenities. Villa Antide is a peaceful place to spend a memorable time in Sicily enjoying day trips to discover the marvels that this part of the island can offer.
The rural exterior structure of the villa hides unexpected contemporary interiors where the wide windows and the airy rooms let you enjoy the sea view to the max. The nearest town is a 10-minute drive away, and so are the beaches, some with private facilities. Taormina, with its nightlife and the majestic Greek Theater, is only a 45 minute drive away. Spend your vacation at Villa Antide and you will come back home with an authentic Sicilian experience.
The open-concept and bright living room is decorated with eclectic furniture and features separate living and dining areas. Most of the furniture is made of repurposed wood and design objects and local art are blended in the space to create a whimsical atmosphere. Everywhere you look you see soft natural colors mixed with Sicilian artifacts. The space is flooded with natural light thanks to its cathedral ceiling and double pane windows through which one can enjoy the spectacular views of the sea. The bright and airy kitchen is equipped with everything you need to prepare meals fit for a king that can be served indoor as well outside under the covered patio. An open staircase leads to the upper floor.
Open-concept including different zones dedicated to different activities such as cooking, dining and lounging.
Reading room with low sofa, opening onto the covered terrace.
In front of both buildings lies a covered and furnished area for al fresco living where to enjoy breakfast in the morning or dinner at night. Private panoramic swimming pool with ladder and two outdoor showers. The villa garden with its Mediterranean vegetation and jasmine bushes is provided with several furnished areas where to lounge during the day.
- Bedroom 1 (Main House - First Floor): Master queen bedroom with A/C, very spacious and panoramic and en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedrooms 2 & 3 (Dependance - Ground Floor): Queen bedroom with sunken tub and en-suite bathroom with shower; off this room there is an additional single room, suitable for a child
- Bedroom 4 (Dependance - Ground Floor): Dreamy queen alcove bedroom with private bathroom with shower
- These bedrooms are not provided with A/C because of their construction which maintains the temperature at a pleasant level
- The minimalistic low beds and the large square footage of the space make the rooms modern and cool, delivering an at-home feeling, and create the epitome of artsy glamorous
- A/C only in the main villa
- Washing machine
- Flat screen satellite TV
- Wireless internet access
- Private parking
- Electronic gate
- Private swimming pool (7m x 4m)
Staff and Services
- Final cleaning
- Mid-week housekeeping service up to two hours (Wed)
- Gardener and pool maintenance service
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Extra housekeeping
- Personal laundry service
- Cook service, plus cost of ingredients
- Electricity, water, A/C, and heating are included
- Check-in: between 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm - Check-out: before/by 10:00 am
- Late arrival fee, between 8 pm-10 pm: €100 – no arrivals are accepted after 10 pm
- All extra services are to be paid locally in cash, unless otherwise arranged
Sicily Villa Notes
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.