OverviewVilla Historia is located in the vicinity of the center of Palermo.
This antique 16th century mansion belongs to one of the most prominent Sicilian noble families, owner of a well-known wine-producing region on the island. Villa Historia, a unique urban oasis of peace and tranquility, opens to all those wishing to discover beautiful Palermo and its surrounding areas, rich in history and art, while enjoying the total privacy of the villa. Surrounded by 18th century frescoes and breathtaking interiors, guests will experience the magical atmosphere faced in the past by many European royalties and that inspired musicians and writers who stayed in this very same villa.
The villa features numerous social spaces, all opulently furnished, including a drawing room, music room, library, formal dining room, TV room, billiard room and many more; after all, if you can easily count the rooms then you are not in a mansion.
A ten-hectare park, wherein lies one of the most beautiful gardens in Sicily, surrounds the villa and offers a wide variety of exotic plants. Romantic pathways connect a charming pond with swans and a neoclassical gazebo. The outdoors features multiple sitting/dining areas, terraces and a private swimming pool.
The property is beautiful and ideal for those who want to indulge in relaxation while enjoying an aura of classic elegance. The attentive staff will make sure that you are pampered during your stay and that you experience Sicilian hospitality at its best!
- Bedroom 1 (Ground Floor): Suite with queen bed, direct access to the garden, and en-suite bathroom with tub and shower stall
- Bedroom 2 (Ground Floor): Suite with queen bed, direct access to the garden, and en-suite bathroom with tub/hook on the wall shower
- Bedroom 3 (First Floor): Frescoed over-sized suite with queen bed, en-suite bathroom with tub/wall-mounted shower
- Bedroom 4 (First Floor): Frescoed over-sized suite with one queen bed and one French bed, en-suite bathroom with tub/wall-mounted shower
- All bedrooms have A/C; all bathrooms are provided with hair dryers
- A/C in bedrooms
- Ample parking
- Automatic gate
- Fenced property
- Satellite TV with Sky
- Wireless internet (available indoors and outdoors)
- Private swimming pool
Staff and Services
- Final cleaning
- Newspapers, magazines and weeklies
- Housekeeping: 10 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Daily towel change
- Mid-week linen change
- Breakfast setup service – available 2 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Chef Services for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Full gardening and pool cleaning service
- Local concierge during office hours
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Personal laundry service
- Cost of food and beverages
- Nearest Airport: Palermo Puntaraisi 22 min
- Cefalu 1 h min
- Erice 1 h 30 min
- Segesta 53 min
- All utilities including A/C are included
- Non-smoking villa
- The owners live in separate quarters on the premises – guests’ privacy is guaranteed
- Check-in: between 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm; Check-out: before/by 10:00 am
- All extra services must be paid locally, prior to departure, unless agreed otherwise
Sicily Villa Notes
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.