OverviewAt the end of a private road, secluded and secure behind an electronic gate, Miramar is perched on a bluff overlooking the ocean's edge where the sky meets the Caribbean Sea, blending with the elements in perfect harmony.
This impressive mansion is beautifully rendered with every attention to detail throughout, integrating design and comfort with elegant custom features and perfectly melding polished, formal elements with a casual, low-maintenance island attitude. Guests can relax, completely at ease, within the fully air-conditioned grandeur of this superb, four-bedroom villa, or outside on the terraces and patios cooled by sea breezes.
Located in Estate Solitude on St. Croix's northeast shore, Miramar welcomes guests beneath a high-columned portico entry graced with a burbling fountain. Enter Miramar's breathtaking 2,400-square-foot great room, overlooking grand unobstructed views of the ocean and Buck Island. The great room features columns supporting high-coffered ceilings and cool, Italian marble floors accented with oriental area rugs, and encompasses a plush living area with a 70-inch, LED TV with surround sound, an elegant formal dining area, an 18-foot granite-topped wet bar with an icemaker and beverage coolers, and an impressive gourmet kitchen. There's also a Yamaha electronic piano for your entertainment.
The kitchen showcases black granite countertops and custom cabinetry, efficiently designed and complete with warming drawers. It is impressively equipped with top Wolf, Sub-Zero and Asko appliances and a bounty of cook's tools.
The great room is beautifully enhanced by sparkling crystal chandeliers, sculpture and superb lighting throughout. Just off the dining area and kitchen through arched doorways are the powder room and laundry.
French doors on either side of the bar open out to Miramar's heated pool and sun terrace set with cushioned chairs, sofas and tables under a columned shady covered area, perfect for alfresco dining and cocktails with music, and a stainless steel gas grill. There's also ample open space for sun worshippers to lounge and tan in the tropical sun. The memorable tableau of blue sky and blue sea extend beyond the pool terrace; you'll relish the unparalleled views of famous Buck Island in the near distance, and the parade of passing yachts and kite surfers.
In Miramar's east wing is the air-conditioned king master suite, a spacious and sumptuous room with a sitting area and delightful ocean and Buck Island views. The en-suite bath of this lavish suite features separate "his and hers" vanities, enclosed water closets, dressing areas and custom walk-in closets with drawers and plentiful space. These "his and hers" areas are separated by a central, glassed-in shower and a Jacuzzi bathtub. French doors open from this suite directly to the pool terrace just outside.
From this master suite, stairs descend within Miramar's east wing to two queen bedrooms, both air-conditioned and with satellite TV. Both of these bedrooms offer delightful sea views and en-suite baths with separate toilets. The first queen bed has an ornate inlaid wood headboard, and the second queen bed features an artistic scrolled metal bedstead. Both bedrooms share a bi-level patio just outside their French doors, overlooking sea grapes, palms, allamanda, bougainvillea and the ocean.
A few more stairs brings you down to Miramar's air-conditioned workout room with satellite TV, cushioned, rubber flooring and a NordicTrack treadmill, a NordicTrack elliptical strider and free weights. You'll hardly notice time passing with the striking ocean and Buck Island views before you.
Back on Miramar's main level, in the west wing is the second king master bedroom. This extraordinary, air-conditioned, ocean-view suite features a sunken living area with satellite TV, and French doors, which open directly to the pool and terrace. The en-suite bath boasts double vanity sinks, a glassed-in shower stall, a Jacuzzi tub, and a separate water closet.
Just off the second master suite is the air-conditioned library/office, a very handsome room in which to work—if you must—or to relax and have a quiet read. A generous library of books and a sitting area add to this room's cozy comfort.
Expansive Miramar is contained all under one roof, and showcases creative design with its rooms always oriented to the sea. French doors topped with eyebrow windows artfully frame the stunning blue views; clever louvered wood panels in each room slide back and forth at a touch to perfectly adjust the natural light to your taste. Craftsman-quality custom cabinetry, tile work, colorful original art throughout and stunning designer furnishings elevate this substantial property to an impressive and finely-finished level. Gold fixtures and Miramar-monogrammed towels and bathrobes adorn each bath.
For those travelers looking for a luxurious vacation experience with a bounty of amenities and comfort, in an secluded and sublime location landscaped with rich tropical flora, superb Miramar is THE villa choice on St. Croix...five stars, plus!
- Master bedroom: King master suite, main level
- Bedroom 2: Spacious king suite, main level
- Bedroom 3: Queen bed, lower level, shared bi-level covered patio
- Bedroom 4: Queen bed, lower level, shared bi-level covered patio
- Bedroom 5: Two queen beds
- All bedrooms have an ocean view and French doors out to patios
- Master suite: Jacuzzi bathtub, glass-enclosed shower, his-and-hers vanities, closets and dressing areas
- Second king suite: Jacuzzi bathtub, glassed-in shower
- Bedrooms 3 and 4: One queen has shower; second queen has bathtub
- Bedroom 5: Full bath with shower
- All baths are en-suite and have separate water closets. Powder room on main level
- 18-foot granite-topped wet bar has Sub-Zero ice-maker, two Wolf mini-fridges, two Sub-Zero wine/beverage coolers + trash compactor
- Air-conditioning throughout entire villa
- Automatic generator
- BBQ grill on patio
- Baby crib, highchair, toddler stroller, assorted toys and children's books
- Beach chairs and cooler
- Blu-Ray DVD/CD player
- Bose surround sound system in great room and on pool terrace
- Complimentary welcome basket on arrival
- Dish Network on HDTV flat-screen TVs
- Electronic gate at entry
- Exercise room with Dish Network 32-inch TV, air-conditioning, NordicTrack Treadmill C1550 with Quad-Flex cushioning and NordicTrack Audiostrider 990 Pro elliptical, recumbent bicycle, rubber flooring and free weights
- Gourmet kitchen with Sub-Zero side-by-side refrigerator and freezer with ice-maker, Wolf 6-burner gas range, two Wolf ovens, two warming drawers, Asko dishwasher, a juicer, food processor and trash compactor
- GPS available with programmed restaurants, attractions, common destinations and villa location
- iPod dock
- Library/home office with large selection of books, a desk + an HP 4-in-1 printer
- Three safes for valuables
- Toiletries and Miramar bathrobes in all baths
- Wi-Fi throughout villa, deck and pool area;
- X-box (please bring your favorite games
- Yamaha YPG-235 electronic grand piano
- 10-minute walk to Solitude Bay
- 5-minute drive to Coakley Bay
- 10-minute drive to Shoys and Buccaneer Hotel beaches
- 15-minute drive to Jack and Isaacs Beach
- Heated pool, 12 feet x 22 feet x 3 feet - 8.5 feet deep, with an infinity edge.
Staff and Services
- Housekeeping 2 days per week (except on major holidays)
- Located in Estate Solitude, east of Christiansted
- Miramar can accommodate up to 12 guests only if 11th & 12th guests are children under 12 years old and sleep in one of the queen beds in the 3rd bedroom. Additional fee of $50 per child, per night will be charged.
- If your group has more than 2 children under 6 years old, special permission must be received from villa owner prior to booking the villa.
- No Smoking
- Miramar's discreet on-site manager, Jennifer, lives in an apartment below Miramar with her partner and two polite, well-trained dogs. She's there should you need her for maintenance, an emergency, or for seasoned island advice on anything else you might want to know. The couple has their own separate entrance to their apartment, and due to the solid construction of Miramar and the sounds of ocean and wind, you will not be disturbed by noise. The manager's apartment does not look on to the pool terrace or in to any living area of Miramar, and they park their vehicles in another area of the driveway by a second garage. The dogs will not bark without reason and will never come upstairs. Your vacation privacy and peace are, of course, completely assured at Miramar.
- Children are welcome with a liability waiver signed for children under 18
- Square Footage: Interior: 9500 + Exterior: 2000 = TOTAL: 11,500 square feet
Additional Villa Notes
- A 7-night minimum at full Thanksgiving rate required on all rentals which occur during any portion of the Thanksgiving holiday week.
- Rates are based on the highest occupany level during the stay.
- 4pm Check-In