OverviewMumbai is a stunning, fully air-conditioned, waterfront property located in the elegant, gated community of Shore Pointe.
Mumbai’s exotic name reflects its exotic location, the private village of Cupecoy’s Shore Point right on the French/Dutch Border. Like an exquisite miniature version of a gleaming white Greek island, the villas of Shore Point are individual, elegant gems within a luxurious gated community. Mumbai is set apart by a beautiful miniature garden filled with palms and fragrant flowers. The entry way continues the tropical plantings, setting the stage for a beautiful contemporary décor framing the stunning view of the Caribbean Sea and the outer islands.
The interiors, with tumbled travertine floors, flow through stunning glass and wood doors right onto a spacious covered terrace and deck and beyond to the endless pool that seems to touch the ocean. Inside the colors are cool, soothing yet never boring. Exotic touches complement the neutral color scheme of creams, sand, white, soft greys, sage greens and driftwood. Beautifully curated Asian and African art and artifacts, complemented by eclectic fabrics, add color and texture. Everywhere you look, your eye finds beauty.
The open plan living area features a high-end kitchen with luxury appliances, beautiful woods and stainless. The indoor dining room is centered by a fabulous glass and driftwood dining table. The living area combines the lounging and media spaces with a fully equipped office nook. The outdoor living areas provide covered dining and lounge highlighted by an exotic, yet quite comfortable, covered hammock. Just past the pool, stairs descend to the private beach entrance.
The three equal size bedrooms have sea views, private outdoor seating areas and beautiful custom walk-in closets. Each room has its own unique color scheme using beautiful fabrics and art that adorns the walls, windows and furniture of each bedroom. The lower level bedroom opens to the travertine terrace, yet is very private. Ascend the artistic winding staircase to two very spacious bedrooms separated by hallways for a private feel. Every bedroom has spa style bathroom with walk in showers; the décor combines woods, glass, tiles and river stones.
You are very close to amenities. 3 minutes to Puerto Cupecoy with a terrific little gourmet market, wonderful restaurants and stunning views. Two more minutes to Escape, the hot new restaurant/bar, the low key Bar Code and the eclectic restaurants of STARZ casino highlighted by Temptation. You are 5 minutes to the airport and 10 minutes to Marigot.
Please note: The size and nature of Cupecoy Beach may be affected by shifting seasonal currents and weather patterns. Renters are encouraged to explore Mullet Bay Beach as an alternative only a 2 minute drive from the villa.
“Wonderful townhouse, great decor. Location and views are beautiful. Nude beach.” ―Linda, St. Martin Villa Rental Specialist
- Bedroom 1: King bed, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 2: Twin beds (can be converted to a king), air-conditioning, ceiling fan, en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 3: Twin beds (can be converted to a king), air-conditioning, ceiling fan, en-suite bathroom with shower
- Air-conditioned bedrooms and living room
- Al fresco dining
- Ceiling fan
- CO2 free electric mosquito trap
- DVD player
- Electric gate to villa
- Gas BBQ
- Plasma TV
- Stereo (CD/tape)
- USA/Canada phone line (Vonage line via internet)
- Wireless internet
- Voltage 110
Staff and Services
- Night watchman
- Pool service
- 15-minute drive to Marigot
- 2-minute drive to grocery store
- Maximum six guests
- Children welcome
- Non-smoking villa
- Pets are not allowed
- Equipped with the CO2 free electric mosquito trap
Additional Villa Notes
- **Festive bookings: Final payment is due 120 days prior to departure.**
- New Policy Regarding Extra Guests
- Any additional guest must be approved at the time of booking. The payment for the additional guest(s) will be collected at the time of the booking.
- Extra guest(s) will now be charged a mandatory $40/day/person fee at the time of the reservation.
- For the villas including chef services, if any extra guest(s) has been approved by the Host, the extra guest(s) will be charged between $100/day/person to $150/day/person according to the villa – This fee includes chef services (cost of the food & drinks are additional). Additional to this fee, the guests will also be charged $20/day for the rental of the bed/crib (including linens).
- The owners reserve the right to refuse extra guests not previously approved at the time of booking.