OverviewThe approach to Mer Soleil sets the stage for an exotic French Creole villa with Mediterranean flair.
Colorful mosaics embedded in whitewash walls hug the teak main gate further flanked by tall palms in oversized planters. Past the gate, the stone paved drive is edged with colorful tropical shrubs and palms. Arches, terracotta roofing, columns and ironwork define the entrance. The view dazzles as you enter the home. The turquoise pool edged by tropical foliage draws your eye to the Caribbean Sea and brilliant blue sky. Within view are the island of Saba, Baie Lounge Beach and the luxury hotel La Samanna. At night, sunsets are simply brilliant.
The villa flows seamlessly from the interiors to the covered terraces and onto the spacious pool terrace. The open plan great room mixes Caribbean touches with French style. Arched windows, doors and ironwork add to the exotic attitude. Rattan, teak, painted and tiled furniture accent the local art and interesting accessories. Cream and blue tones connect the seating and dining area. A large Provençal style kitchen, in beautiful wood cabinetry and marble tiles with high-end appliances, is a very elegant place to prepare a meal, whether by a professional or amateur chef. The main kitchen opens to the view and to a gorgeous blue tile Moroccan inspired covered outdoor kitchen and dining gazebo. It is a stunning place to cook and dine al-fresco. The gazebo also houses additional living room seating overlooking the gardens and ocean view.
Three bedrooms are in the main villa; two off the upper terrace and one at garden level. Two additional bedrooms are in a private cottage tucked behind the villa. All bedrooms have either sea or garden views plus private seating inside and out. Poster beds, rattan and teak furniture, charming Provence and tropical inspired fabrics in blues, yellows and white create a romantic feel to the rooms. The en-suite bathrooms are gorgeous in traditional Provençal tiles and mosaics, each room in a different color. Several bathrooms have either sea or garden views from their walk-in showers. The cottage bedroom suites each have a wet bar and fridge while also providing an interconnecting door, a great feature for families.
You are close to amenities. Two minutes to Baie Nettle’s culinary stars Le Sand, Dreams and Mezza Luna. Wonderful gourmet food and wine stores are just a short drive in Cupecoy along with the Starz Casino and fine dining options Escape and Temptation. A short 15-minute drive and you are at the International airport or the nightlife of Maho. The French Capital, Marigot, is only 15 minutes from the villa where you can enjoy Duty Free shopping, boutiques, bakeries and the Creole Market.
- Each of the five bedrooms has a king-size bed, air-conditioning, ceiling fan and a safe. Each bedroom also has a private bathroom with a shower. All bedrooms also have a TV, DVD and CD Player.
- Air-conditioned bedrooms and living room
- Al fresco dining
- CD player
- Ceiling fans
- DVD player
- Electric gate
- Mosquito Magnet propane mosquito trap
- Outdoor kitchen
- Satellite TV
- Sunset views
- Viking gas grill
- Wi-Fi access
- Swimming pool (34 feet x 17 feet)
Staff and Services
- Pool service
- Marigot: 11-minute drive
- Nearest grocery store: 6-minute drive
- Beach: 2-minute drive to Long Bay
- Maximum 10 guests
- Children welcome
- Non smoking villa
- Pets are not allowed
- Voltage 110/220
- Wedding/Special events accepted
- Equipped with Mosquito Magnet propane mosquito trap
Additional Villa Notes
- **Festive bookings: Final payment is due 120 days prior to departure.**
- New Policy Regarding Extra Guests
- Any additional guest must be approved at the time of booking. The payment for the additional guest(s) will be collected at the time of the booking.
- Extra guest(s) will now be charged a mandatory $40/day/person fee at the time of the reservation.
- For the villas including chef services, if any extra guest(s) has been approved by the Host, the extra guest(s) will be charged between $100/day/person to $150/day/person according to the villa – This fee includes chef services (cost of the food & drinks are additional). Additional to this fee, the guests will also be charged $20/day for the rental of the bed/crib (including linens).
- The owners reserve the right to refuse extra guests not previously approved at the time of booking.