OverviewThe moment you drive into the gated, magical grounds of Canefield House, a magical three-bedroom estate, you'll be enchanted by its glorious gardens set on 10 lush acres, encompassing a very private park-like setting.
This estate home was built about 17 years ago where sugar cane was once grown during plantation days.
Stunning gardens were planted which today beautifully showcase the three pavilions comprising Canefield House. Gently tiered across a hilltop overlooking the majesty of Brewers Bay and the Atlantic, Canefield House offers three air-conditioned bedroom/bath suites and a choice of several sublime outdoor living spaces enhanced by artful landscaping. A broad, gradual staircase descends through gardens from the parking area to Canefield's main pavilion. The two-storied main pavilion is the gathering spot for everyone, offering on its main level a gourmet kitchen, powder room, a formal dining area for eight surrounded by french doors which open out to a second alfresco dining patio under a garden gazebo.
An arched, main-level gallery overlooks the main pavilion's lower level, the Great Room, which is outfitted with satellite TV, music, books, a wet bar with mini-fridge, and comfortable furnishings for reading, conversation and cocktails. Tall french doors open to a semi-circular terrace above the pool, yet another inspiring spot from which to savor the soothing sounds of a murmuring fountain, tropical birdsong and cool tradewinds ruffling through tall trees; flowering yellow allamanda wreathing the terrace's broad stone benches borders sea views below.
A curved staircase leads you down a few steps to Canefield's pool (which can be heated by advance request) and stone-tiled sun deck. This area is bordered by vivid plantings of bougainvillea, allamanda, heliconia and sweet-scented hoya, and adjacent is a shaded gazebo, canopied by a tall mango tree and hung with purple thunbergia. Below the pool area is an expanse of green lawn planted with bananas and other fruit trees, breadfruit, palms and other tropical flora. Situated on the far side of the main pavilion is the secluded master pavilion, housing the large air-conditioned king master bedroom with a sitting area, an office nook, and large bath with a walk-in closet, dressing area and a generous stone-and-tile shower.
French doors open to a completely private covered terrace overlooking green hills, and hung with a hammock, perfect for a quiet afternoon snooze. On the opposite side of the main pavilion is a walkway threaded through gardens to the air-conditioned guest bedroom pavilion, offering the Blue Suite and the Green Suite. The Blue Suite can be made up as a king bedroom, or with two twins (with your advance request). It features satellite TV, an alcove with two built-in single daybeds, perfect for a small child or two who must be near their parents or nanny. A large walk-in closet and spacious tiled bath with handpainted sinks and mirrors are ensuite. A bank of french doors open out to a gracefully-curved covered terrace of native stone, furnished with table and chairs. This terrace is shared by the adjacent Green Suite, the third air-conditioned bedroom, a queen. This suite also boasts a single built-in daybed in an open nook, a large double-vanity bath and access to the covered terrace just outside. Each bedroom/bath suite has its own private entry.
Depending on the season, guests might be treated to fruit grown right on the estate, such as guava, coconut, avocado, banana, soursop, breadfruit, mango, red and white grapefruit, papaya, key limes and lemons - ask the housekeeper or Oliver, the estate's longtime gardener, what might be ripe for picking. Canefield House offers privacy and peace enclosed within an expansive setting of natural beauty; it's the sublime outdoor-living experience here which makes this estate so memorable. At an elevation of 1500 feet above the sea, it's cooled by almost-constant hillside tradewinds, and its high locale provides wonderful views for miles into the distance, with Brewers Bay set like a beckoning blue sapphire below. You can drive down to the beach in a few minutes, or remain sequestered and relax within the lovely grounds of Canefield House, enjoying the many varieties of flowers, island plants and mature trees. The tranquil atmosphere of this very special place and its generous spaces allow everyone to have quality private time to themselves or with loved ones. Canefield House is a unique offering for families and friends seeking an intimate experience within a very private garden setting, close to nature.
- Bedroom 1 (Master): King size bed
- Bedroom 2 (Guest Suite Pavilion): King size bed (or split for two twin size beds), two single size daybeds
- Bedroom 3 (Green Suite): Queen size bed, single size daybed
- Spacious baths, all with double vanities + large tiled showers. Outdoor freshwater shower at parking area, for a quick rinse off after returning from the beach.
- 2 27-inch satellite TVs
- 3 iPod docking stations
- A/C in all bedrooms
- Answering machine
- Assorted snorkel gear
- Automatic generator (generator runs everything in house except A/C units, washer, dryer & pool heater)
- Big Egg charcoal grill
- Bose Wave CD player/radio
- CD player
- DSL line + Wi-Fi for your laptop
- DVD players
- Full-size baby crib (with advance request, please)
- Gourmet kitchen
- Hair dryers
- Hammock off master suite
- HP printer/copier
- Music collection
- Safe for valuables
- UV water purification system
- Wet bar with mini-fridge with icemaker
- Brewers Bay, less than a 5-minute drive below, + Cane Garden Bay (about a 10-minute drive away)
- 35' x 15' x 3' - 8' deep (kidney shaped). Pool may be heated by advance request for an additional fee of $500 per week.
Staff and Services
- Housekeeping two days per week (except holidays)
- No smoking
- Square Footage: Interior: 3400 + Exterior: 4000 = TOTAL: approx. 7400 sq. ft.
- *7th + 8th persons sleep on cushioned, built-in single-size daybeds in open alcoves (there are two single daybeds in Blue Suite and one in Green Suite). These beds are small and rather narrow, and are intended for use by small children or very petite adults ONLY.
Additional Villa Notes
- A 7-night minimum at full Thanksgiving rate required on all rentals which occur during any portion of the Thanksgiving holiday week.
- Rates are based on the highest occupany level during the stay.
- 4pm Check-In