OverviewCommanding an utterly breathtaking view of the mile-long strand of Long Bay Beach, this impressive mansion sits hilltop just above the idyllic stretch of white sand and aqua ocean.
Please note that this villa will be closed August 15th to October 1st during the height of Hurricane Season.
Photographs of this incredible view look wonderful, but photos cannot equal your walking through Sunset House's front entry portico with that view majestically expanding in front of you. It's unforgettable.
Built on three levels with a pleasing floor plan and offering plenty of room for everyone, Sunset House offers five air-conditioned bedrooms with en-suite baths, situated in two wings separated by the tiled pool terrace.
The large, sunny pool terrace, wonderful for leisurely tanning and unwinding, features a hot tub, a waterfall cascading into the pool, and a shady, covered poolside pavilion with a wet bar.
Four air-conditioned king (or two twins, your choice) bedrooms are situated in Sunset House's east wing, including the air-conditioned, very private king master suite on its own upper level. This spacious master suite is decorated in soothing greens, and offers a mini-fridge and a sitting area. Bedrooms in the east wing are roomy, air-conditioned and screened, and each enjoys its own private balcony overlooking that spectacular, ever-changing ocean view.
Sunset House's main pavilion comprises the west wing of the villa. In this pavilion is the open-plan Great Room, the heart of the villa, with its fully air-conditioned living, dining and kitchen areas, wrapped with a covered veranda just outside for al fresco island dining overlooking that magnificent view. The great room has just been completely remodeled and now features cool travertine tile floors, and a stylish chef's kitchen with custom mahogany cabinetry, granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances and a handy wet bar with blender and wine fridge. Enjoy sunset cocktails on the veranda or catch up on the evening news in the air-conditioned living area while your dinner is being prepared by the talented Carmen, who has been cooking for guests at Sunset House for 15 years.
Tucked below on the main pavilion's lower level, Sunset House's fifth bedroom/bath suite, a queen suite decorated in blue, provides air-conditioned seclusion for the couple who wants privacy. This bedroom opens out to a wraparound veranda which connects to the pool terrace.
Sunset House offers a spectacular and convenient location on Tortola for a wonderful holiday. The view is unparalleled, the staff devoted to your comfort, and the expansive aura of this special villa will make you feel comfortable and relaxed from the start. Beaches, restaurants, bars, Bomba's Love Shack, and all the pleasures and fun-in-the-sun activities of Tortola's West End are just a few minutes' quick drive from this popular residence.
Continental breakfast fixings are complimentary every morning. Carmen and her assistant will also cook and serve your dinner for you every evening, also included in the rental rates. Before you arrive, you'll decide on your menu preferences and your grocery order. Carmen will shop for your food and drinks, so everything will be ready and waiting at Sunset House when you arrive. You then reimburse Carmen for your grocery and beverage order. As we say at Sunset House, "No shopping, cooking or cleaning required, and no stress allowed!"
Please be sure to book early to reserve this wonderful island retreat for you and your family and friends! Sunset House offers affordable pampering for young and old - very highly recommended.
- Two kings, one queen, four twins (or two more kings, with your advance notice), plus three twin-size, roll-away beds for extra guests, with your advance notice.
- Each bedroom has air-conditioning, a private ocean-view balcony, an iPod dock, a hairdryer and a safe for valuables; the master suite has a TV (no cable) and DVD player and a mini-fridge
- Master suite bath has a bidet, bathtub and shower. The other four baths have showers. A powder room is on main pavilion's lower level
- 19-inch flat-screen TV with DVD player (living area)
- 42-inch, flat-screen, cable TV with DVD (master suite)
- 5-CD player
- Air-conditioning in all bedrooms and in great room
- Beach chairs and coolers
- Gas grill
- iPod dock
- Laundry facilities
- Outdoor speakers
- Wet bar with a wine/beverage cooler
- Wooden baby crib and highchair
- Nearest Beach: Long Bay Beach, just below Sunset House
- 8 feet x 24 feet x 3 feet - 7.5 feet deep (kidney-shaped), with waterfall, hot tub and shaded pavilion with wet bar on pool deck
Staff and Services
- Housekeeping seven days per week
- Carmen, Sunset House's accomplished house manager and cook, will provide you with a delicious dinner every evening (you buy the groceries and drinks). A continental breakfast is also provided every morning. Carmen's chef services and those of her server and housekeepers, are all INCLUDED in Sunset House's rental rates.
- Maximum occupancy: 10 adults and 3 children
- Non-smoking villa
- Square Footage: Interior: 5000 + Exterior: 7500 = TOTAL 12,500 square feet
Additional Villa Notes
- A 7-night minimum at full Thanksgiving rate required on all rentals which occur during any portion of the Thanksgiving holiday week.
- Rates are based on the highest occupany level during the stay.
- 4pm Check-In