OverviewChianti has much to offer to those interested in its extraordinary wine; and, to all visitors, it also offers its exceptional food and natural beauty.
Thanks to its central location, this Tuscan region is a perfect starting point for exploring medieval hilltop villages as well as the historical cities of Florence, Siena and Lucca. Set among 27 hectares of one of Chianti’s many outstanding wine-producing estates is Cipresso, a beautiful 13th century villa located approximately 7 miles from Siena. Now restored, the property offers comfort, peace and privacy. Its stone construction, along with its watchtower, exudes the typical character and charm of Tuscany. The villa’s spacious interiors are ideal for large groups who want to gather or have privacy when needed. What better way is there to end the day than by enjoying a glass of Chianti wine that was produced right here on the premises?
The spacious grassy lawns of the estate are perfect for families with children. The location is ideal for wine-lovers as it is a great starting point for trips to Chianti Classico and its charming villages of Gaiole, Castellina, and the Castle of Brolio, which are within 10 miles from the villa.
Much attention has been dedicated to the interiors of the villa during the restoration to maintain the original structure.
This care is visible in the wood beamed ceilings, the stone walls, and especially on the ground floor where big arches frame the different areas of the spacious living room. This floor also includes a dining area with a large table that can seat up to 12 guests, a sitting area with comfortable sofas, and a sunk-in reading corner with its inviting leather armchairs. The main dining room, on the west side of this floor, can accommodate up to 20 guests. A spacious, well-appointed fully equipped kitchen and a guest bathroom complete this floor.
On the first floor is an air conditioned living room, fireplace, two comfortable sofas and an area dedicated to aperitivo or wine tasting.
On the second floor is a living room featuring a comfortable sitting area with fireplace and TV. There is also a cozy space for relaxing and playing cards among friends.
The third floor is the tower that houses a small art gallery with large windows overlooking the beautiful Chianti landscape.
The villa patio features a large outdoor dining table, perfect for shady relaxing and informal dining, and there is also a BBQ grill and outdoor cooking area to prepare delicious local-food feasts. The private large swimming pool is reachable through a paved path and there are sun beds around the pool to enjoy hours of sunbathing. The pool has a ladder on one side. Manicured gardens surround the property for complete privacy.
- Bedroom 1 (First Floor): Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 2 (First Floor): Double bedroom with private bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 3 (First Floor): Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 4 (First Floor): Double bedroom sharing a bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 5 (First Floor): Queen/twin bedroom sharing a bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 6 (Second Floor): Double room with a private bathroom with tub/shower
- Bedroom 7 (Third Floor): Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower
- All bedrooms have A/C except the children’s bedroom with bunk beds (north exposure); all bathrooms are provided with hair dryers
- A/C in uppermost floor bedrooms
- Laundry room with washing machine and ironing facilities
- Play Station 3
- Private covered parking
- Satellite TV
- Stereo system
- Wi-Fi internet access
- Large, private swimming pool
Staff and Services
- Final cleaning
- Housecleaning (up to 4 hrs) every 2 days, except Sunday, included for stays between May 30 and August 22, 2020
- Housekeeping mid-week (up to 4 hours) included for stays between Jan 4 and May 30, 2020 and between August 22 and December 12, 2020
- Mid-week change of towels (Wed)
- Weekly gardener and pool maintenance
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Extra housekeeping service
- Laundry and ironing service
- Cook services
- Cost of food and beverages
- Nearest Airport: Florence Peretola 1 h 22 min
- Nearest serviced town: 10 min
- Nearest major city: Siena 36 min
- Electricity, A/C and water are included
- Caretakers live in an apartment with separate entrance from the villa (upon request, possibility of full exclusivity - price on request)
- Check-in: between 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Check-out: before/by 9:00 am
- All the above services must be paid locally, prior to departure unless otherwise arranged
Tuscany Villa Notes
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.