OverviewJust minutes away by car or bus from the historical center, the freshly renovated Villa Duca is set atop one of most prestigious hills of Florence, peacefully surrounded by olive groves, cypress trees, and beautifully manicured gardens.
This elegant luxury three story villa features a picturesque panoramic courtyard with direct views of the Florentine countryside. A glorious boulevard of grand cypress trees leads the guests to this sun-flooded home, perfectly suited for sophisticated living and entertaining.
Enjoy the ultimate luxury at Villa Duca, a meticulously recently renovated property with beautiful views, fresh decor, easy elegance and with an ideal Florence address.
A glorious 18ft high frescoed ceiling living room offers you an unforgettable welcome when you enter Villa Duca. The sun-flooded room features an open wood burning fireplace and three French doors that open onto the terrace with views of the courtyard and the Tuscan countryside. The recent remodeling incorporates vibrant accent colors and contemporary furniture to counterbalance the traditional architecture, and the striped pattern of the chairs and ottoman’s fabric provides striking contrast against the crisp, clean palette of the walls to give the room a fresh contemporary look. This inviting room is provided with a 47” LED TV with Sky satellite channels, two large sitting areas and a generous book library available on the well-stocked bookshelves. Large eat-in kitchen with breakfast table up to 10 guests and original frescoed ceiling, equipped with American standard appliances. There is a separate den adjacent to the kitchen featuring an additional breakfast table for up to 8 guests and direct access to the portico with a dining table for up to 16 guests facing the front courtyard. A laundry room with washer and dryer completes this floor.
There is a home office equipped with a large desk area, computer and printer at disposal of the guests. The formal dining room with a large oval wooden table and vibrant colored chairs for up to 16 guests adds warmth against the neutral palette of the walls. Thanks to three big windows and high ceilings the elegant dining room is airy and bright, looking great for any occasion.
For outdoor lounging and dining, a furnished portico faces the courtyard featuring a charming oval water fountain. An expansive panoramic garden surrounds the villa, perfect to rest and enjoy relaxing time with family and friends and ideal for children to blow off some steam.
The private salt-water swimming pool is bordered by lush landscaping including flowery plants and fragrant rosemary bushes. Towering cypress and palm trees add privacy and a sliver of shade to this distinctive retreat. The sundeck is completed with comfortable lounges, umbrellas and a dining table for wonderful poolside meals.
- Bedroom 1 (Ground Floor): Queen bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 2 (First Floor): Queen bedroom with adjacent private bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 3 (First Floor): King/Twin bedroom with private bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 4 (First Floor): King/Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 5 (Second Floor): King bedroom with walk-in closet and en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 6 (Second Floor): King bedroom with walk-in closet and en-suite bathroom with tub
- Bedroom 7 (Second Floor): King bedroom with original Frescoes ceiling, shared walk-in closet and shared bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 8 (Second Floor): Queen bedroom with shared walk-in closet and shared bathroom with shower
- All bedrooms are well-appointed and have air conditioning
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- Ample parking on the estate
- Gas stove
- Hair dryers in every bathroom
- iMac Computer and printer at guests’ disposal
- Nespresso machine
- Outdoor equipped gym
- Private garden
- Refrigerator/freezer/ice maker
- Satellite Sky TV
- Washer and dryer
- Wi-Fi internet access (unlimited)
- Private salt-water swimming pool (36 x 18 ft)
Staff and Services
- Final cleaning
- Morning housekeeping for 4 hours (Mon-Fri)
- Bath towels changed twice a week
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Additional housekeeping service
- Personal laundry and ironing
- Grocery shopping service
- Breakfast service - (minimum 4 people)
- Cook service available upon request based on menu prices (minimum 4 people)
- Cooking classes available upon request
- Babysitting service, subject to availability
- Lucca - 1 hour
- Siena - 1 hour
- Florence - 15 minutes
- Rome - 2 hours and 45 minutes
- Electricity, a/c, and water are included
- Unlimited internet connection included (WI-FI with several range extenders) is included
- Local and national phone calls are included
- Pets allowed at owner’s discretion
- No smoking property
- Owners may reside on the premises, guests’ privacy is guaranteed
- Check-in: between 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Check-out: before/by 10:00 am
- All the above services must be paid locally, prior to departure unless otherwise arranged
Tuscany Villa Notes
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.