OverviewLeonardo is a beautiful, private 12-acre estate tucked away in Chianti, the heart of Tuscany.
It is the ultimate in privacy and independence. The exterior and interiors of this fine old farmhouse have been immaculately restored to very high standards by its decorator owner. Every detail of the restoration has been done with total respect for nature and for Tuscan heritage.
Walk through the long entrance hallway and you will be led to a separate living room with a fireplace and a dining room. The living area is colorful and furnished with high-quality fabrics, antiques, fine custom linens and tableware. The dining area is connected to a large state-of-the-art kitchen overlooking a beautiful terrace and the swimming pool. Also on the ground level is a spacious and bright twin bedroom with an en suite bathroom, another lovely twin bedroom with an adjacent bathroom, a study room and a library. On the first level, you'll find four comfortable and thoughtfully furnished bedrooms, all with air conditioning and en suite bathrooms, which are graciously decorated with old mirror frames and antique lamps.
Villa Leonardo is a very elegant property, ideal for an extended family or a group of friends looking for spacious accommodation, comfort, privacy and fabulous views. To enjoy the outdoors and the Tuscan countryside, horseback riding, golf and tennis are nearby. Take a day trip to Florence, just 30 minutes away, or explore several nearby villages, only 5-10 minutes' drive from the villa.
- Living areas on the ground floor are colorful and furnished with high-quality fabrics, antiques, fine custom linens and tableware
- Elegant dining room has direct access to garden/porch
- Living room has an open fireplace, ample sofas and satellite TV
- Study offers a quiet office or reading space and a library
- Accessed by a private, dirt road (half a mile)
- Surrounded by an extensive and well-tended garden that rolls gently downward from the house
- Swimming pool, which is situated among sloping green lawns and fruit trees
- Abundance of outdoor furniture, teak pool furniture, wrought iron and rattan lounges, benches and chairs, marble tables and sun umbrellas for shade.
- Spectacular view of a 10th-century castle and a panorama of the Chianti countryside with rolling hills, vineyards, olive groves, cypresses and distant farmland
- Estate is comprised of 350 olive trees and over 100 walnut trees
- Small river delineating its southern boundaries and several acres of forest providing wonderful shade in the summer
- Bedroom 1 (Ground Floor): Twin bedroom with private adjacent bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 2 (Ground Floor): Large twin bedroom, with direct access to gardens with en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 3 (First Floor): Master king bedroom with en-suite bathroom (double sink and phone) with tub with hand held shower plus shower stall
- Bedroom 4 (First Floor): King bedroom with en-suite bathroom (with skylight window) with shower. 1 twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 5 (First Floor): Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom with tub with handheld shower
- Bedroom 6 (First Floor): Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom and shower
- Air conditioning in all first floor bedrooms
- Broadband internet
- Color printer
- Complete SONY audio set
- Fully equipped kitchen with two refrigerators
- Hair dryers in 3 bathrooms
- Remote-controlled gate entrance
- Satellite television with over 400 programs
- Washer and dryer
- Window screens
- Swimming pool 12x6 meters
Staff and Services
- Final cleaning included
- Garden and pool maintenance included once per week
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Housekeeping service
- Cook service
- Cost of food and beverages
- Pre-stock grocery service:
- Nearest Airport: Peretola Florence Airport 34 min
- Florence - 40 minutes
- Greve in Chianti - 50 minutes
- Siena - 1 hour
- San Gimignano - 40 minutes
- Fornacette - 6 minutes
- Electricity, heating, and water are included
- Telephone charges extra
- Check-in: between 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Check-out: before/by 10:00 am
- All the above services must be paid locally, prior to departure unless otherwise arranged
Tuscany Villa Notes
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.