OverviewSitting on a spectacular 25-acre estate and boasting stunning views of the hills of Montalcino, Villa Leopolda is a true gem of Tuscany's countryside.
This remarkable property has been recently restored and tastefully furnished with a fine selection of antiques and exquisite upholstery. The main house and two guest houses share a 2.5-acre garden featuring a zero-edge pool, a large gazebo, and classic wrought-iron furniture. Villa Leopolda is situated in an unspoiled area south of Siena, between the fascinating wine region of Montalcino and the beautiful coast of Maremma. Chianti is only at a 50 minutes drive, making Villa Leopolda an ideal location for every wine enthusiast. The seaside is less than an hour away, offering wide beaches overlooking the Tyrrhenian Sea and two nature parks.
The villa is located near some of the most exclusive Brunello wineries. The Banfi castle and the southern part of Montalcino are visable from the garden and other castles and historical sites are at reach. The wide paved terrace is ideal to host special events and wedding celebrations.
- Fully-equipped main kitchen
- Large dining room
- Airy and inviting sitting area with working fireplace and beamed ceiling
- Library equipped with a TV screen and a stylish leather couch
- Guest half bathroom
- Bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Spacious living room with beamed ceilings, large fireplace, traditional facing sofas and armchairs, and an antique cocktail table
- Two bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- Bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Living room with fireplace
- Comfortable dining area
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Direct access to the garden
- Two bedrooms, one with private bathroom, one with en-suite bathroom
- One bedroom with en-suite bathroom
The 2.5-acre manicured Italian and English garden surrounds all three units and offers several recreational opportunities as well as a vegetable garden with fresh vegetables. The panoramic zero-edge pool is shaped like an old laundry fountain with waterfall spouts on the back and is located on a ledge facing the hills. The pool area is furnished with wrought-iron chairs, chaises longues and shades. There is a large wooden gazebo, also fully furnished with chairs and a coffee table. On the upper level, the multi-purpose stone paver patio is decorated with stone walls and an old brick well. This area is perfect for outdoor dining and enjoying the extraordinary 360-degree panorama.
- Bedroom 1: Main House - Queen bedroom with crown canopy bed, and en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 2: Main House - Queen bedroom with full canopy bed, large en-suite bathroom, and stone Jacuzzi
- Bedroom 3: Main House - Twin bedroom with full canopy beds, en-suite bathroom with double sinks, claw-foot tub and access to terrace
- Bedroom 4: Main House - Double bedroom with crown canopy bed and en-suite bathroom with tub and shower
- Bedroom 5: Guest House - Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 6: Guest House - Queen bedroom with private bathroom
- Bedroom 7: Pool House - Double bedroom with canopy bed, wide plank hardwood flooring, en-suite bathroom with concrete shower
- Air-conditioning throughout villa
- DVD player
- Espresso maker
- iPod docks
- Parking (2 cars)
- Private gym in the lower floor of the pool house
- Satellite TV
- Window screens
- Wireless internet
- Panoramic zero-edge pool (46 x 20 feet, rectangular) with waterfall spouts
Staff and Services
- Final cleaning
- Morning housekeeping of bedrooms and bathrooms
- Mid-week bed linen and towel change
- Welcome drink upon arrival
- Wi-Fi Internet connection
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Cook service
- Cost of food and beverage
- Grocery shopping
- Siena - 40 minute drive
- Montalcino - 45 minute drive
- Florence - 1 hour and 30 minute drive
- Rome - 2 hours and 30 minute drive
- Casal di Pari - 12 minutes
- Copies of passports must be provided in advance for all guests to expedite check-in process.
- Electricity, water, gas, and heating are included
- Major house appliances to be used with the supervision of the staff
- Children over 10 years old are welcome
- Please note that the bedrooms are in 3 separate buildings
- The property is entirely non-smoking
- Check-in: between 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Check-out: before/by 9:30 am
- All extra services must be paid locally, prior to departure, unless otherwise arranged
Tuscany Villa Notes
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.