OverviewVilla Simonetta was built in 1800 and has been just recently very tastefully restored by its owners.
From the classic detailed exteriors to the romantic elegant interiors, Villa Simonetta exudes comfort and sophistication. From here you can reach Florence by bus (bus stop is few hundred yards from the villa), or by train – Calenzano train station is very well connected with Florence.
This two-story villa boasts spacious, light-filled rooms, many original details including beautiful antiques, hardwood floors, high ceilings, and an open-well central staircase. The private swimming pool, set in the villa's lush enclosed garden, is an ideal antidote against the summer heat.
You will be totally enchanted by Villa Simonetta, not only for its elegant style and easy comfort, but also for its location, perfect for day trips!
Every elegant room of Villa Simonetta has an individual character and charm. The chic open-plan living room features two fireplaces, several tastefully upholstered sofas where to relax, read, watch TV, or hold a pleasant conversation among friends. A generous dining table that comfortably sits up to 10 guests is provided in the adjacent space. The morning sun is dominant in these east-facing rooms thanks to four large windows that let the natural light in. There is a separate reading room with large screen TV. A fully equipped kitchen, the laundry room with washer and dryer, a guest bathroom complete this floor.
The portico hosts a dining table for friends and family to gather for breakfast or for meals al fresco and it shades the seating area from the hot Tuscan sun. A comfortable lounge area is set among 4,000 sqm of private park, surrounded by a privacy fence of shrubbery, perfect for shady relaxing time or for sipping a glass of bubbly prosecco wine. Another lounge area is available near the private swimming pool and it sets the tone for relaxation and sunbathing in style.
- Bedroom 1 (Ground Floor): Queen bedroom, with en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 2 (First Floor): Queen bedroom with en-suite spacious bathroom with tub and wall-mounted shower
- Bedroom 3 (First Floor): Queen bedroom with shared adjacent private bathroom with Slipper style tub and separate shower with chromotherapy, hydro jet massage and sauna
- Bedroom 4 (First Floor): King bedroom with shared adjacent private bathroom with Slipper style tub and separate shower with chromotherapy, hydro jet massage and sauna
- Bedroom 5 (First Floor): Twin bedroom, with adjacent small bathroom with wall-mounted shower
- All bedrooms are provided with air conditioning
- A/C in all bedrooms and living room
- DVD player
- Private parking
- Stereo system
- Three satellite flat-screen TV's
- Two fireplaces
- Washing and dryer machine at disposal of the guests
- Wi-Fi internet access
- Private swimming pool (3 m x 7 m)
Staff and Services
- Final cleaning
- Gardener and swimming pool maintenance
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Housekeeping service/personal laundry service
- Additional change of bed linens
- Cook service depending on availability
- Personal laundry and ironing service
- Calenzano train station - 2.5 km from the villa
- The villa is 20 minute drive from Florence airport and close to the most sought-after destinations in Tuscany, approx. one hour from Lucca, Forte dei Marmi, Siena and the Chianti area. Few shops, restaurants and emergency services are at walking distance from the villa.
- Electricity, A/C, gas, and water are included
- Check-in between 4 pm and 7 pm. Check-out by 10 am
- All the above services must be paid locally, prior to departure, unless otherwise arranged
- Please note: the location is in the countryside area where broadband is not available, therefore Wi-Fi connections can slow down or malfunctioning.
Tuscany Villa Notes
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.