About Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta, situated on the Pacific Ocean's Bay of Banderas, is one of Mexico's most sophisticated destinations. Bordered by golden beaches and lush palm-covered mountains, it's the perfect spot to relax and recharge. Enjoy the simple pleasures of sun and sand, or indulge in more decadent treats: world-class spas, high-end restaurants, or boutique shopping. There's no shortage of active pursuits, either: options include swimming with dolphins, diving with manta rays, horseback riding, or gliding from treetop to treetop on an exhilarating rainforest canopy tour.
Our Exclusive Offers
We pride ourselves in offering some of the best savings on the world's foremost luxury villa rentals. From limited-time free nights to reduced rates, bonus amenities, and beyond, don't miss your chance to save on your next villa rental.View More Exclusive Offers
“Puerta Vallarta is really well known for its great food. In November, there’s a gourmet festival and there are a couple of other big events throughout the year. There are a lot of street food stands too. People get really excited about this little funky hole-in-the-wall place called El Tacon de Marlin. They do these shrimp burritos with amazing green salsa.
Yelapa is a little village to the south of town that you can only get to by boat – and there are a few that go there every day. People who come from an urban setting really love it there. There are no real roads, nobody has a vehicle, and you just walk from place to place. There are a bunch of trails and plenty of daytime restaurants.
There are many small beaches south of Puerta Vallarta, besides Yelapa, which you can also only reach by boat. So, it’s really great to rent a boat, do a day cruise, stay close to the coast, do some snorkeling, and stop at one of the beaches. A lot of them have day-time restaurants, so you can grab lunch and, of course, a cocktail.” ―Sue, Puerto Vallarta & Punta Mita Villa Rental Specialist
Must See & Do
Top Regional Activites:
- Los Arcos National Marine Park is an incredible marine park located between Las Gemelas Beach and Mismaloya Beach where you will find amazing adventure and awe-inspiring views.
- Playa de Oro - a local and visitor favorite, Playa de Oro is located north of the city and is as safe and clean as it is beautiful and relaxing. It is bordered by gorgeous rocky configurations that help give the location a charming and interesting touch.
- Vista Vallarta – this Jack Nicklaus and Tom Weiskof signature design is comprised of two, 18-hole championship courses that sit at the highest elevation of all three courses in Puerto Vallarta. The 2 courses are known for their breathtaking ocean views, grassy hillsides, dense forests of palm trees and natural creeks, as well as their world-class golf course reputation.
- The main downtown shopping area is located on Libertad and Malecon streets and along Juárez and Morelos streets. One block behind the Malecon you will find antique stores and art gallery district along Morelos Street, if you are looking for upscale shops, head to Plaza Marina, Plaza Neptuno, Plaza Caracol, and Paradise Village – all of which are packed with specialty stores selling clothing, jewelry, original art, and home decor.
- Prefer dancing the night away? You’ll enjoy staying up until the early morning with friends in one of the many nightclubs along the Malecon.
Allow Us to Arrange
Most Popular Concierge Services
- A Mariachi band to play at the villa
- A private tequila tasting
- A guided whale watching
- Private boat rental
- In-villa spa services
- Exclusive ATV tours through the jungle
- Premier restaurant reservations
Your Personal Villa Concierge
When you book with Villas of Distinction, it's all about you. We customize your escape from start to finish ensuring it exceeds your expectations and you experience more than ever before.
Your personal Villa Concierge is your partner in exclusive getaways. Looking to experience a local vineyard? We've got you covered. Hoping to score tickets to an on-island event that sells out fast? No problem. No request is too big or too small.
What We Can Do For You
- Suggest and arrange local immersive experiences
- Coordinate car rentals, drivers & airport transfers
- Grocery stocking to ensure convenience & comfort
- Handle last-minute itinerary changes
- Make restaurant reservations & more