Adventures in Italy: 3 Experiences You Won’t Want to Miss
Want to make your villa vacation to Italy truly memorable? We’ll arrange unique experiences like these 3, which include wine tastings, pasta classes, and more.
The best way to complete your villa vacation? Easy – with one of these three experiences. Ideal for all types of travelers, each allows you to make the most of your getaway and create unforgettable memories.
Discover cheese wheels and automobiles in Emilia Romagna
What do Parmigiano Reggiano, balsamic vinegar, and prosciutto di Parma have in common with Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Ducati? They are all made in Emilia Romagna! On this day trip, you’ll start by visiting Hombre Farms (a spectacular, 700-acre estate that produces Parmigiano Reggiano cheese in a closed-loop supply chain). There, you’ll get to learn about the process of how the cheese is made, sample the world-renowned cheese, and browse the owner’s impressive vintage Maserati collection.
After, you’ll head to the Ferrari museum in Maranello, where you’ll glimpse breathtaking cars and learn about automotive history. From there, you’ll be treated to a gourmet lunch at another farm where they produce Aceto Balsamico tradizionale di Modena.
Your private tour includes:
- Private transfer with driver (upon request)
- Admission and 90-minute guided tour at Hombre Farms, with tasting
- Admission and 60-minute tour of Ferrari Museum
- Admission and lunch at vinegar-producing estate
- English-speaking professional tour escort
Enjoy wine and cheese in Montepulciano and Pienza
Spend a full day exploring the iconic Val d’Orcia area, learning about wine and cheese making… and sampling delicious local products. Your driver will pick you up at your villa and take you to the south-east of Tuscany, stopping for a visit and tasting at a prestigious winery along the way. You’ll ten reach Montepulciano, a gorgeous medieval town, where you’ll savor a gourmet lunch and then visit a second winery. On your drive back to your villa, you’ll stop at a small dairy farm in the charming village of Pienza for a hands-on lesson in cheese making, and end the day with a tasting.
Your private tour includes:
- Pick-up and drop-off at the villa
- Private transport in air conditioned car or minivan
- English-speaking driver
- Admission to wineries
- Tasting of local products (may include wine, extra-virgin olive oil, dessert wine, grappa, cheese, or balsamic vinegar)
- Gourmet lunch with local specialties
- Daily tour: up to 8 hours
Sample wine and learn how to make pasta in Chianti
In the heart of Chianti, just 30 minutes from Siena and 40 minutes from Florence, sits Tenuta Torciano. This massive estate is where you can discover a wide range of activities to choose from, and local products to taste. When you arrive, you’ll be greeted by the winery staff and members of the Giachi family, before you tour their magnificent vineyards and winery. After, you’ll meet your private chef, and attend a pasta-making class, where you’ll learn how to cut, knead, roll, and fill ravioli. What’s more, you’ll mix, form, and cut dumplings, noodles, or other varieties of fresh pasta, all of which are created using fresh, locally-sourced ingredients. Then, you’ll dine on your wonderful creations, which will be paired with a tasting of 13 unique, handcrafted products, including wines, truffle oils, and balsamic vinegar.
Your private experience includes:
- Vineyard and winery tour
- Private pasta making class with English speaking chef
- Tuscan cheeses and salami
- Bruschetta and snack
- Three types of pasta dishes
- Cantuccini cookies with dessert wine
- Tasting will include: Brunello di Montalcino D.O.C.G., Rosso di Montalcino D.O.C, Cabernet Bartolomeo Riserva I.G.T., Merlot Baldassarre Riserva I.G.T., Syrah Cavaliere Riserva I.G.T., Vernaccia of San Gimignano D.O.C.G., Chianti D.O.C.G., Chianti Classico D.O.C.G., Chianti Classico Riserva D.O.C.G., Red of Montepulciano D.O.C., VinBeato - Dessert Wine, Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil, White Truffle Olive Oil, Hot pepper infused Olive Oil, Balsamic Old Vinegar.