OverviewA true James Bond chalet...a chalet of a level never before seen in Morzine or the Portes du Soleil.
“Create a space I would be truly excited to stay in”. That was the brief given to renowned architect, Herve Marullaz, after Chalet Joux Plane’s owner secured a large plot of mountain land that backed onto a stream and an alpine woodland. The result was Chalet Joux Plane.
Chalet Joux Plane is a chalet built without constraint. The chalet itself is spread over 600 square meters with one end made almost entirely from glass and dedicated to mountain views. A 23 m indoor-outdoor swimming pool passes right through the building allowing guests to swim both inside and out. The middle of the chalet is dissected, top to bottom, by a glass atrium that offers natural light to every floor and every space.
The building itself nestles into the mountain and you enter down a 15 m underground tunnel that takes you from the garage and boot room into the very heart of the chalet.The chalet itself is spread over 600 square meters, with one side of the chalet almost entirely glazed, offering mountain views from all the living spaces and entertainment areas. The chalet can sleep up to 14 guests across five luxurious bedrooms and a family/children’s bunk room, all opening out onto secluded terraces and enjoying free standing baths and hanging seats.
The specification list for the chalet is, of course, almost endless and includes a 23-meter indoor-outdoor swimming pool, a Bamford Spa including treatment room and sauna, a private gym, a cinema room, art gallery and children’s playroom. The living space is vast and includes a luxurious lounge area with open fireplace and delicious sofas, a library, a floating mezzanine dining area and a bar mezzanine with balcony overlooking the mountains.The chalet is located in a private, elevated location; just a few minutes chauffeur drive from central Morzine. Competent skiers can ski in from the Morzine side of the valley via a short stretch of gentle off-piste. The chalet enjoys easy access to Morzine, Les Gets and Avoriaz that all form part of the gigantic Portes du Soleil – one of the largest ski areas in the world.
- 6 Bedrooms
- Private Gym
- Bamford Spa including massage treatment room and sauna
- Cinema Room
- 23 Meter indoor-outdoor swimming pool
- 15 Meter underground tunnel leading from garage directly into the chalet
- Boot room with shower and bathroom facilities
- Game room with art gallery
- Enormous open plan living area with central fireplace, lounge area, library and snug areas, all leading out onto private terraces
- Glass atrium dissecting the chalet from floor to ceiling
- Separate raised library and bar mezzanine at the front of the building, glazed top-to-bottom, to offer stunning views across Morzine
- Large balcony
- Kitchen and breakfast area with French doors leading out onto the private terrace for the swimming pool and hot tub
- Kids snug / playroom
- Entrance Hall with hanging seat/walkway to floating mezzanine-dining area
- Floating mezzanine dining area with breathtaking views across the valley
- Steps down to the upper ground floor
Chalet Joux Plane is located in a private, elevated location; just a minutes chauffeur drive from central Morzine. Competent skiers can ski in from the Morzine side of the valley via a short stretch of gentle off-piste. The closest ski lift is just 250m away, taking less than a minute in a chauffeured vehicle. The high altitude skiing of Avoriaz is best accessed from the Prodains Telepherique which is a 5 minute drive away. Chalet Joux Plane enjoys easy access to Morzine, Les Gets and Avoriaz that all form part of the gigantic Portes du Soleil – one of the largest ski areas in the world.
- Bedroom 1: Freestanding bath and en-suite shower room, opening out onto decked terrace (Super-king)
- Bedroom 2: Freestanding bath and en-suite shower room, opening out onto decked terrace (Super-king)
- Bedrooms 3 & 4: Family room, opening out onto decked terrace with separate kids bunk room for 4 (Super-king)
- Bedroom 5: Freestanding bath, opening out onto decked terrace (Super-king/twin)
- Bedroom 6: En-suite shower room, opening out onto decked terrace (Super-king/twin)
- Bamford Spa including treatment room and sauna
- Private gym
- Cinema room
- Art gallery
- Children’s playroom
- 23 Meter indoor-outdoor swimming pool
Staff and Services
- Staffed and catered chalet
- Concierge manager to help with lift passes, airport transfer and other in resort activities
- Included breakfast, afternoon tea, and dinner on 6 evenings
- Children's early supper included
- Included champagne, beers, wines and spirits on fair consumption policy
- Daily housekeeping
- Daily driver service
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Massage and beauty treatments available at extra cost
- The closest ski lift is just 250 m away
- Maximum occupancy: 10 adults and 4 children (5 bedrooms and 1 family room including bunk beds)