OverviewIn the town of Saumur, centered around a lovely flowered courtyard, is La Maison Blanche.
The heated infinity pool is a focal point, and there are several seating areas from which to enjoy the surroundings. There is a BBQ and an outdoor shower. Carefully designed and placed lights throughout the courtyard create an enchanting atmosphere at night.
On the ground floor are a fully-equipped kitchen, dining area and breakfast room. This level is all open, with no walls or separations. The breakfast room is comprised of a love seat and two upholstered chairs, with two bar stools near the stove. The kitchen has a professional LaCanche gas stove and oven, 2 dishwashers, 2-door fridge freezer and a full complement of small appliances. There are two round tables with chairs for breakfast and a dining table for up to 8. On the ground floor is also a powder room and a reading area before the fireplace. The laundry facilities include 2 washers and 2 dryers.
Stairs rise from the breakfast room to the salon. A second set rises from the dining room and two staircases rise lead to the third level. The salon has two large seating areas, a glass tiled floor and is anchored by two fireplaces and an Erard 1900 Baby Grand piano.
The master bedroom with en-suite bath is on the second floor with the salon and has a king-sized bed, walk-in closets and a seating area with flat screen television. The beautiful en-suite bathroom has a claw foot tub and separate walk-in shower and WC. Above the master bedroom is a media room that can be used as a child/teen bedroom with a double bed and 2 sofa beds. A large bathroom has a shower and WC and ample storage space.
The third and fourth bedrooms are reached from the salon and share one bathroom. Each has a king-sized bed. These bedrooms share one bathroom with shower and WC. The bedroom layout is quirky befitting an original townhouse. The furnishings are all in white to emphasize the light pouring in from the tall windows and the exposed stone walls.
Across the courtyard is the guest house, with a daybed, small kitchen and a loft with queen-sized bed. The guest house is used on a day to day basis for its fridge to have cold drinks by the pool. The pool cushions are stored here overnight. It’s a lovely place to retire for a siesta after a swim. The guest house is not included for overnight occupancy, but is available for full-time occupancy at extra charge. All bedrooms have air-conditioning and there are a number of ceiling fans.
- Bedroom 1 (Second Floor): Master bedroom king sized bed, walk-in closets and a seating area with flat screen television. En-suite bathroom has a claw foot tub and separate walk-in shower and WC.
- Bedroom 2 & 3: King-sized bed, shared bathroom with shower and WC
- Above the master bedroom is a media room that can be used as a child/teen bedroom with a double bed and two sofa beds. A large bathroom has a shower and WC and ample storage space.
- Fully air-conditioned
- DVD player
- High speed internet
- Indoor/outdoor music system
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Satellite TV
- Private heated salt water swimming pool
Staff and Services
- Mandatory housekeeping Mon-Fri 10 -11:30 am
- A change of linens and towels is included after the first week.
- Chinon (town) - 44 km
- Angers (city) - 67 km
- Poitiers (airport) - 89 km
- Air conditioning is included during the summer months
- Heating is included during the winter months
- Children 12 and over are welcome (2020 Bookings)
Loire Valley Villa Notes
- Please note that France villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request. It is common for pool heating to be an additonal cost.