OverviewCasa Plumeria is an elegant house spanning three floors on Calle Virginia, with expansive views of the sea, beach club, and town, as well as indoor/outdoor living and a subtle sophistication in each of its 4 bedrooms.
The home is also conveniently located with easy access to the beach, to town, and to the Las Catalinas Beach Club, making it an excellent accommodation for enjoying all that Las Catalinas has to offer.
A truly beautiful space welcomes you on entry, with an expansive-view pool terrace to the outside, casual living room to the front, and a state of the art kitchen and stunning dining room to the right. The dining room feels like the absolute center of town, looking out across all that Las Catalinas has to offer with floor to ceiling glass windows. Sliding doors open to the covered terrace giving you an outdoor living space connected to the dining and kitchen, an ideal spot to take in the view and enjoy the ocean breeze and rhythm of crashing waves.
En-suite bedrooms feature on the second level of the home. To the left, a tiled outdoor promenade leads to a private view courtyard and the house’s two king bed guest rooms, and to the right, the home opens up to the master suite. Located centrally to the home, the master also has an indoor/outdoor private bathroom complete with bathtub, shower, and shuttered porch.
The lower level is a complete guest house with full kitchen, en suite king bedroom, a set of bunk beds, and a courtyard which descends down to Plaza Celaje. The space speaks to a hearty breakfast before setting out for the day, a casual dinner in the evening after a full day at the beach, or a family movie night.
As with all Las Catalinas properties, the house also comes with A/C, Cable TV, and high speed internet. Casa Plumeria also has a dedicated house mom service, and all bedrooms are ensuite with king beds, plush linens, and ample closet spaces.
Surrounded by tropical nature on land and at sea, Las Catalinas is a beautiful, car-free, fully walkable beach town in Costa Rica. The purpose is to create a way of life that is healthy, sustainable, fulfilling, and fun. Definitely one of the most fun things to do at Las Catalinas is simply to explore the town. Most of the streets are made for people. Every little passage seems to lead to a beautiful plaza or a view of the ocean.
Baranda Villas Collection
Charming residences, friendly service, and thoughtful amenities make this the best way to embrace life in town. Baranda is comprised of studios, flats, and up to six bedroom homes with remarkable locations in town, all just a short walk away from the beach, as well as town’s restaurants, shops, and outdoor activities.
Services & Amenities
- Beach Club and Gym Access
- Daily Housekeeping Service
- Personalized Pre-arrival service from booking to arrival
- Welcome juice + cold towels upon arrival, in house
- High Speed WiFi
- Cable TV
- Town & Surroundings Talk at Central
- Activities Calendar
- Baranda a la Carte Services
Playa Danta is one of the best body surfing and boogie boarding beaches you will ever find. Go at medium to low tides when the beach is very flat. The swells are typically moderate, safe, spaced 15 seconds apart, and perfectly formed. These waves are unlike anything many of us have seen in other parts of the world. Costa Rica has many famous surfing beaches but Las Catalinas is partially sheltered from the prevailing southern swell, and that is what makes Playa Danta “just right” for boogie boarding.
Some of the best snorkeling in Costa Rica is right at Las Catalinas. The best spots are wherever you see rocks: the far side of Playa Dantita, the reef in between Danta and Dantita, along the shore of Punta Penca, or out at the Islotes Pitahayas islands just offshore. You’ll find lots of reef fish, coral, interesting underwater topography, big spotted eagle rays, sea turtles, and who knows what else.
Kayaking and Paddle-Boarding
Las Catalinas is an ideal location for sea kayaking and stand up paddle-boarding. The protected bay of Playa Danta is perfect for beginners and often offers glassy smooth conditions. The Islotes Pitahayas just one kilometer offshore are a great destination with the swell surging dramatically on the rocks. The islands are a famous nesting site of pelicans and frigate birds. The coastline in both directions is dramatic and interesting with a variety of beautiful beaches, cliffs and great snorkeling and swimming all within paddling range.
Yoga and Fitness
With an average temperature of 74 degrees year round, Las Catalinas is the perfect place to get in a fitness groove. Weather it's weekly interval training classes, beach front yoga under an almendro tree, or grabbing some weights, this is a mecca for athletes and yogis alike.
Shopping and Dining
In the shops of Las Catalinas, you’ll find everything you need to elevate your stay in town. Get outfitted to enjoy town and outdoors, set a course to learn about ocean protection, bring home an unexpected Costa Rican gift, give some local life and flair to your home, or relax and take care of your body. It’s all here, and it’s all within a few minutes’ walk.
Guanacaste is quickly becoming a major player in Costa Rica’s culinary scene, and Las Catalinas offers some of the best options around available just a few steps from your front door.
Located on a bluff overlooking the beach, Las Catalinas Beach Club is a central gathering spot for local residents and visitors to socialize, dine, exercise and enjoy an array of amenities for the whole family including:
- 25 Meter lap pool with four swim lanes
- Separate adult lounging pool and hot plunge pool
- Ample seating and comfortable lounge chairs
- Kids play pool
- Hot tub
- All-day dining at the Beach Club restaurant
- Cocktail bar
- Octagonal pavilion available for private events
- Exercise room with weightlifting and cardio equipment
- Bedroom 1 Master Bedroom (Second floor): King bed, en-suite bathroom with stand alone shower, rain shower, and bathtub
- Bedroom 2 Guest Master (First floor): en-suite bathroom with stand-alone shower
- Bedroom 3 (Second floor): King bed, en-suite bathroom with stand-alone shower
- Bedroom 4 (Second floor): King bed, en-suite bathroom with stand-alone shower
- Bunk Room (First floor): Bunk bed, shared half bathroom
- BBQ grill
- Work friendly space
- Beach club access is included
- Access to the Las Catlinas Beach Club 3 pools:
- 25 Meter lap pool with four swim lanes (communal)
- Separate adult lounging pool and hot plunge pool (communal)
- Kids play pool
Staff and Services
- Daily housekeeping service
- Personalized pre-arrival service from booking to arrival
- Welcome juice + cold towels upon arrival, in house
- International airport: Approximately 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Check-in time is 3:00 P.M - Check-out time is 10:00 A.M.
- No pets are allowed.
- No smoking is allowed in any home or apartment.
- Maximum occupancy cannot be exceeded without prior consent.
- Beach Club access is provided only for guests staying at Las Catalinas.
- Damage deposit required.
Additional Villa Notes
- Because Las Catalinas is a growing community, guests should expect construction in the surrounding areas. Efforts are being made to minimize any possible disturbances to guests due to construction. Current construction hours and regulations are: From 6:00 AM - 7:30 AM, construction may begin, with workers required to speak in low voices and no power tools are allowed. From 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM are normal construction hours. From 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM, construction may continue, with workers required to speak in low voices and no power tools are allowed.