OverviewCasa Pinita is surrounded by pedestrian streets in the heart of Las Catalinas, a beach town where visitors of all ages can share time on Playa Danta, along mountainside tropical trails, in shops, and at restaurants without ever getting in a car.
This easygoing sociability continues into the home, where outdoor terraces and a large outdoor porch, open concept living and dining with barbecue grill, and diverse sleeping spaces with room for eleven make time inside the home lively and fun.
This home is on Calle La Ronda, just a short walk from Playa Danta in the heart of Las Catalinas. The beach, the trails, and all that town has to offer are only a few steps away along car-free streets, so kids and parents have the freedom to explore and spend time together.
Inside the home, a ground floor courtyard unites the rooms on the first floor in the open air. Location right inside the front door makes this courtyard a naturally social transition space that facilitates moments together when entering or exiting the home.
The next level up is an indoor-outdoor social floor with connecting living room, dining room, kitchen, and an adjacent outdoor porch with grilling area. The indoor open concept space features several smaller seating areas whereas the ample covered outdoor terrace forms a lively space where the whole group can spend time together.
On the ground floor there is a guest bedroom with a king bed that opens to the ground floor terrace, and a master bedroom with a king bed and lounge seating. On the second floor, there’s a guest bedroom with a view over town in two directions. Finally, on the top floor there’s a colorful bunk room for six, which offers a welcoming space and immediate access to the connecting roof terrace. The result is a space that serves as a lookout tower and play room, where kids can be kids and sometimes adults can be kids too.
This home also has a House Mom, who will prepare breakfast, keep the home tidy, and make snacks in the afternoon. She’s a local Costa Rican who helps make you feel at home as a host for your stay. With her help, the combination of social spaces and relaxing bedrooms, and a town full of experiences, there’s something for everyone in Casa Pinita.
Surrounded by tropical nature on land and at sea, Las Catalinas is a beautiful, car-free, fully walkable beach town in Costa Rica. The purpose is to create a way of life that is healthy, sustainable, fulfilling, and fun. Definitely one of the most fun things to do at Las Catalinas is simply to explore the town. Most of the streets are made for people. Every little passage seems to lead to a beautiful plaza or a view of the ocean.
Baranda Villas Collection
Charming residences, friendly service, and thoughtful amenities make this the best way to embrace life in town. Baranda is comprised of studios, flats, and up to six bedroom homes with remarkable locations in town, all just a short walk away from the beach, as well as town’s restaurants, shops, and outdoor activities.
Services & Amenities
- Beach Club and Gym Access
- Daily Housekeeping Service
- Personalized Pre-arrival service from booking to arrival
- Welcome juice + cold towels upon arrival, in house
- High Speed WiFi
- Cable TV
- Town & Surroundings Talk at Central
- Activities Calendar
- Baranda a la Carte Services
Playa Danta is one of the best body surfing and boogie boarding beaches you will ever find. Go at medium to low tides when the beach is very flat. The swells are typically moderate, safe, spaced 15 seconds apart, and perfectly formed. These waves are unlike anything many of us have seen in other parts of the world. Costa Rica has many famous surfing beaches but Las Catalinas is partially sheltered from the prevailing southern swell, and that is what makes Playa Danta “just right” for boogie boarding.
Some of the best snorkeling in Costa Rica is right at Las Catalinas. The best spots are wherever you see rocks: the far side of Playa Dantita, the reef in between Danta and Dantita, along the shore of Punta Penca, or out at the Islotes Pitahayas islands just offshore. You’ll find lots of reef fish, coral, interesting underwater topography, big spotted eagle rays, sea turtles, and who knows what else.
Kayaking and Paddle-Boarding
Las Catalinas is an ideal location for sea kayaking and stand up paddle-boarding. The protected bay of Playa Danta is perfect for beginners and often offers glassy smooth conditions. The Islotes Pitahayas just one kilometer offshore are a great destination with the swell surging dramatically on the rocks. The islands are a famous nesting site of pelicans and frigate birds. The coastline in both directions is dramatic and interesting with a variety of beautiful beaches, cliffs and great snorkeling and swimming all within paddling range.
Yoga and Fitness
With an average temperature of 74 degrees year round, Las Catalinas is the perfect place to get in a fitness groove. Weather it's weekly interval training classes, beach front yoga under an almendro tree, or grabbing some weights, this is a mecca for athletes and yogis alike.
Shopping and Dining
In the shops of Las Catalinas, you’ll find everything you need to elevate your stay in town. Get outfitted to enjoy town and outdoors, set a course to learn about ocean protection, bring home an unexpected Costa Rican gift, give some local life and flair to your home, or relax and take care of your body. It’s all here, and it’s all within a few minutes’ walk.
Guanacaste is quickly becoming a major player in Costa Rica’s culinary scene, and Las Catalinas offers some of the best options around available just a few steps from your front door.
Located on a bluff overlooking the beach, Las Catalinas Beach Club is a central gathering spot for local residents and visitors to socialize, dine, exercise and enjoy an array of amenities for the whole family including:
- 25 Meter lap pool with four swim lanes
- Separate adult lounging pool and hot plunge pool
- Ample seating and comfortable lounge chairs
- Kids play pool
- Hot tub
- All-day dining at the Beach Club restaurant
- Cocktail bar
- Octagonal pavilion available for private events
- Exercise room with weightlifting and cardio equipment
- Ground Level:
- Master Bedroom | King bed, en-suite bathroom with stand-alone shower
- Guest Master | King bed, en-suite bathroom with stand-alone shower
- Living Level:
- Study Room | Futon, full en-suite bathroom with stand-alone shower
- Third Level:
- Bunk Room | Two sets of bunks with trundles, en-suite bathroom with stand-alone shower.
- Master bathroom: Bathtub/shower
- Bathroom 2: Shower
- Bathroom 3: Shower
- Central air-conditioning
- Complimentary Parking Space
- Kids room
- Trail access
- Washer & dryer
- Wireless internet
- Work friendly space
- Playa Danta is only a 1-minute walk
- Beach club access is included
- Access to the Las Catlinas Beach Club 3 pools:
- 25 Meter lap pool with four swim lanes (communal)
- Separate adult lounging pool and hot plunge pool (communal)
- Kids play pool
Staff and Services
- Concierge Service
- Daily Housekeeping
- House Mom Service
- International airport: Approximately 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Town of Potrero: 5-minute drive
- Golf: 45-minute drive
- Grocery store: 5-minute drive in Potrero
- Greenhouse restaurant: 1-minute walk
- Clinic: 45-minute drive
- Liberia Hospital: 90-minute drive
- Church Potrero: 5-minute Drive
- Check-in time is 3:00 P.M - Check-out time is 10:00 A.M.
- No pets are allowed.
- No smoking is allowed in any home or apartment.
- Maximum occupancy cannot be exceeded without prior consent.
- Beach Club access is provided only for guests staying at Las Catalinas.
Additional Villa Notes
- Because Las Catalinas is a growing community, guests should expect construction in the surrounding areas. Efforts are being made to minimize any possible disturbances to guests due to construction. Current construction hours and regulations are: From 6:00 AM - 7:30 AM, construction may begin, with workers required to speak in low voices and no power tools are allowed. From 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM are normal construction hours. From 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM, construction may continue, with workers required to speak in low voices and no power tools are allowed.